+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sleep patterns in 4 month old

I have a 4 month old and I'm wondering what other baby's sleep patterns look like. My dd has no routine whatsoever. One day she sleeps every 2-3 hours for a couple hours at a time, other times she'll spend the day catnapping. Some days she will only sleep attached to the boob or being carried in the wrap, others she's fine to be put in the cot once asleep. I can never get her to sleep at the same time each night. If she is down at 6pm sometimes she'll sleep for 4 hrs but then be up for an hour and a half before she goes back to sleep again, sometimes she sleeps for 20 mins and wakes again. Most nights it's somewhere between 8-10pm that she goes down for a few hours. I have 2 other kids and I'd really like a bit more predictability.
    What are other peoples babies doing? Any advice? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 4 month old and it's my first bub. He generally sleeps 8.30/9-11am, 12.30/1-3pm, 4.30-5pm then bed at 7. 'Dreamfeed' which he is usually awake for at 10, then most nights back up at 7ish. I put him down whenever he shows tired signs, for him a big one is red eyebrows and a grizzle. Whether it's on time or not, that way I know he will fall asleep easily.
    Hope this helps

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Em9 For This Useful Post:

soulmama  (24-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey @soulmama, I was just scrolling through this section of the forum and read your post - your DD sounds identical to my 4 month old!
    Just wondering if things have settled down at all in the last couple of weeks? Have you been able to get more of a routine going yet?
    I don't know if this is just a fussy phase for DS (he was pretty easy for his first 3 months) or if we should keep trying to enforce a stricter routine.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

soulmama  (30-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!
    No change for us. We still have very different days and nights and I've had no success trying to get some semblance of a rhythm to the day. Probably the only consistent thing is she is usually have her last big long feed around 8pm and in bed well and truly by 9pm but that still does change some days. Perhaps she is just a little mor needy :/ of you hit upon something do let me know

7. The Following User Says Thank You to soulmama For This Useful Post:

deku  (03-11-2014)