+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Meningococcal B- have you immunised your kids?

Hi ! After hearing about a second precious little person passing away from meningococcal I'm seriously considering paying to get my kids immunised against the B strain. My only concern is that it is so new out and I don't know anyone who has paid for it yet to ask how their kids went with it as I've read about the high temp side effects.
    Has anyone paid to immunise their children yet?
    Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!

Yes, I've paid to have my DD immunised. She had her first injection at the beginning of September and will have her second no less than two months after that. She is 2yrs old.

The scheduling and number of injections can change depending on age however I think what my DD had goes from 2 to teens. Infants have three I believe.

Cost was $120. No Medicare (although the appt with the nurse was covered) and no PHI.

They warned about fevers and said to give Panadol 15 mins before and then every four hourly for a day. My DD was a bit off from it for a couple of days but nothing serious. I kept up the Panadol for two days to be sure.

The vaccine is very safe, but very expensive which is why they haven't added it to the schedule. They also don't know how long it lasts and really have no way if finding out until it's been on the market for a number if years. I figure it's worth it regardless of whether it protects her for a year or 20 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing I'm interested too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I immunised ds2 this year. 2 shots, $120 each shot via our gp clinic. I received 50% rebate via phi. We experienced death of a toddler in our region this year so I didn't want to mess around. Nil fever or complications. I recommend you talk to your GP for more information.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Absolutely I did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing I want to get this for dd asap... also Im due with no 2 in 5 weeks, do I need to wait for a certain age to get him immmunised?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing I'm trying to talk hubby into this at the moment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A 3 year old presented to our GP with a fever, he sent him straight up to the hospital but even while being at the hospital it was too late. There was no question for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do gps stock the vials or do you have to get a prescription from your gp, fill it out then go back?