+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD has a pair of Clarkes Mary Jane style school shoes. They will last her the whole year and perhaps first term next year. My DH is pedantic about clean shoes, so he cleans DDs school shoes weekly. They were bought at the start of this year and they still look new.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For s sport shoe we use New Balance (after much trial and error) and a formal shoe we have gone to the $30 Grosbys from big w! They are now on there 2nd term with them and they still look in great condition (my boys are very very rough on shoes!)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    We had previously been buying Lynx (the leather sneaker for my son, my daughter in the mary jane style leather shoe) and every year they had needed to be replaced by the end of the first semester. I thought we would try the same style of shoe in the Clarks this year and they have lasted us all year and we won't be replacing until the beginning of next year.
    We also have a boy and bought Lynx for both school (3 days) and sports (2 days). The school ones are still going great with a polish each week. The sport ones were falling apart Term 2/3. I wouldn't buy Lynx again, they weren't cheap and the velcro just literally came off on them! Not where I thought they would wear at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The start of last year we bought a cheap pair of sneakers from big w which were worn every day. They lasted until about half way through term 4 then broke. Bought a pair of Lynx sneakers from a shoe shop and they are still going strong! Still get worn every day. Did buy her a pair of formal shoes but they only lasted a couple of weeks so changed back to the sneakers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    We've tried 3 different expensive brands and they never last with DS1, he is so hard on his shoes!

He currently has cheapies from kmart cos after he destroyed a pair of new balance shoes in 5 weeks, I cracked it.

DS2 however, his shoes last for ages, nowhere near as hard on them, a pair of new balance lasted until he outgrew them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had Clarks every year and they lasted the entire year.
    Last edited by callmedragon22; 16-10-2014 at 09:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My boys have Sketchers for school shoes and Nikes for sports. They seem to be the only ones that last for my kids and accommodate their wide brick feet! lol. Wish they were cheaper though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours wear sports shop shoes, DS has flat feet, so is limited to a couple of brands (asics, brooks, new balance) DD can pick and choose. I recently got them new ones, DS's were asics $70 down from $90 and DD's were diadoras $30 down from $59. We get roughly two terms out of their shoes. Leather will usually outlast fabric by a mile - though we usually get fabric over summer and leather over winter..

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Another vote for clarks here! We get dd7 fitted at the start of the year, and they last the entire year and more - until she grows out off them basically. They polish up well so still look really good even though she's worn them daily all year. Oh except Tuesday, she wears a $30 pair of sneakers on sports day. They are starting to fall apart now and they look wrecked, but they have literally had 1/5 the use of the clarks. And I think she'll get 5 terms out of the clarks, because she has heaps of room left and there's a removable insole which I haven't removed yet. They cost $80 and it's worth every penny.

I can't be bothered shoe shopping every term, plus I think it's so bad for the environment to buy and chuck 5 pairs of shoes a year. I'd rather get one good pair and have done with it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just buy a cheapie pair every term. Ive tried the more expensive ones and they dont last any longer.