+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default why a pre op appointment if having a VB

I am 35 weeks this thursday i received a call saying the drs want me to have a pre op next week. I am planning a vb I do not know why they want me to have a pre ob. My last ultrasound showed low fluid around the baby. If its a pre op does that mean that i will be having a c section in the next few weeks? She said the only appointment she had so soon was next week. Just strange as i didn't have a pre op with my last 2 kids. if low fluid do they get the baby delivered before due date. I am booked in for a pre op and to see the anesthesist. anyone else have been in the same situation and did u end up having a vaginal birth or was a c section booked that day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am overweight but have never had any issues before I'm the smallest I've been since having my last 2 kids both pregnancies were fine last pregnancy I was down at the cafe eating food and drinking coffee 1-2hours after giving birth and went home an hour or 2 after that this is the easiest pregnancy I've had all I can think of is the low fluid so thinking maybe they may bring her on early.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Could they be doing it as a precaution *in case* the need to do an emergency c/s or something with bub having low fluid? So in worst case scenario they arent having to fluff around and can get going straight away already having that info?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't stress Hun, it's just a precaution. I'm due end of December and had the mystery pre-op appointment a few weeks back. Anaesthetist was a surprised to see me as I was to be there. Dr said nothing to me about the appointment either.

yes I'm classed as a high risk patient (high bmi and gd) on my third pregnancy but this was my first such appointment. I plan on natural child birth and anaesthetist didn't see any reason for this not yo happen.

best of luck Hun, not long now