+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually now that u have said that about walking him to get extra sleep I remember reading it but I think I got it the other way round that it wasn't ok... I've done way too much googling and reading. Haha I had a friend say that to me the other day about when he is a teenager he will sleep forever hehe ... yeah I still swaddled... Actually sleeping bag then swaddle over the top. I'm using a double wrap with he can still get out of. When I put him down to sleep he is always awake and will yell out for a while before he settles himself... At this age what is the normal awake time. I've tried 1.5, 1.45 and 2 hours but still only getting the cat nap. Argh some days it does my head in..
    Although I know I should feel blessed that he sleeps well over night x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When DD was that little she was a catnapper and id do anything to stretch out at least one sleep a day to 1.5 hours - walking in pram, wearing, feeding back to sleep, patting - the last two I'd either pop back into the room or stay there during her nap reading and then when she stirred I'd try and extend it.

When she was about 8 months and on two sleeps she started having one longer sleep, 2-3 hours at a time without me having to do anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newmummy82 View Post
    Actually now that u have said that about walking him to get extra sleep I remember reading it but I think I got it the other way round that it wasn't ok... I've done way too much googling and reading. Haha I had a friend say that to me the other day about when he is a teenager he will sleep forever hehe ... yeah I still swaddled... Actually sleeping bag then swaddle over the top. I'm using a double wrap with he can still get out of. When I put him down to sleep he is always awake and will yell out for a while before he settles himself... At this age what is the normal awake time. I've tried 1.5, 1.45 and 2 hours but still only getting the cat nap. Argh some days it does my head in..
    Although I know I should feel blessed that he sleeps well over night x
    At 10 weeks it's still quite variable for awake time- I used to follow this table
    http://www.troublesometots.com/baby-...hat-is-normal/
    You just need to figure out what works for you and bubs.

Between 4-6 months it gets easier, they are on 3 solid naps a day and a bit more obvious when to put them down and you can feel a bit more confident implementing a loose routine
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 14-10-2014 at 19:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies I think I just need to relax a little more about it and just know that when he is ready the naps will be longer. I had a look at settle petal and downloaded one of her ebooks she suggests white noise to transition to the next sleep cycle haha tried it but yep never worked... & then tried patting 30 mins into his nap with shh'ing haha didn't work either. But put him in the pram and got another 1.5 hours out of him??? Crazy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just saw this thread - that link was quite reassuring. DS is 12wks today and still really unpredictable with his sleeping habits during the day. He's a bandit for the 40min sleep and I'm lucky if I get a longer sleep out of him when at home. He'll sleep longer in the pram when out but at home it's rare to get past that sleep cycle. I'm sitting here now with one hand on him trying to get him to resettle after a 30min nap. I can't always do this though as I have a 3yo as well. I'm encouraging him to use a dummy as it helps calm him.

I struggle with the unpredictability of young babies, I'm really hoping he settles into some sort of routine soon.