+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It sounds like you and your dad have different expectations about grand parenting and how people express excitement about a new grandchild. Did you ask him if he wanted to be a grandparent before you became pregnant? I would say you didn't. The man had no say. So now he is supposed to prioritise the grand parenting part of himself? I think that's a little unfair. I can understand why you would be upset and I doubt that anything would change if you spoke to him. His priorities and values are different to yours

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'd be another that would be relieved. I hate feeling inundated by visitors for the first few weeks. I would happily hang a "p*ss off and let the baby settle in" sign but it would cause too much fallout

You said he is going a week before you're due. How long is he going for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It could be also that he planned it with his brother, which could be hard from the organizational point of view, and saw a good deal for the cruise; in all excitement didn't think to think about your due date, just slipped out of his mind, and now even feels embarassed. Which will stop him from aknowledging it to you, cause will try to persuade you (and himself) that is isn't a big deal

Personally, as all my and my husband family is overseas, we never thought about it that way. Probably wouldn't if they were here either.