+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Hugs xx I remember feeling like that a few days after my first was born. My hubby went home for a shower (he was coming back to stay overnight) and I just burst into tears and cried the whole time he was gone. He came back to find me still bawling my eyes out. I just felt so overwhelmed. So it's completely normal for you to be feeling like this!

Just take it one day at a time. It does get easier. Please keep asking for help from the nurses when you need it. It's part of their job. Breast feeding can be tough, but if you get help, you might find it gets easier for you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

Tinkers  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok I just reread that youre struggling with bf and settling him. Can you be more specific.

With my recent no 4 bub I decided to have a different approach. I read somewhere that bubs first 12 weeks should be treated like a fourth trimester. In that bub will just want you. I went with that and its working well for me. However it may not for everyone as my situation is different. My bff has to have her bub on a strict mummy written schedule and that works great for her x

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

Tinkers  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that second night was so hard for me! 5pm burst into tears for no apparent reason & kept it up most of the night, it's normal & it does get easier! Stupid hormones.
    Some things that helped me:
    Buzz the midwives for every feed so they can help you latch- even buzz them when bub is just starting to stir cos they can take a while to get there, ask to see the hospital lactation consultant before you leave, don't be afraid to send baby to the nursery for a few hours (if the hospital allows) so you can get some rest, have a good cry in the shower, go for a quick walk outside if you are allowed.
    Enjoy your baby. Congratulations.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

Tinkers  (16-10-2014),VicPark  (18-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This happened to me on day 3 with DS, hormones kicked in and i was so upset. Unfortunately that was the day I came home and had a mountain of visitors come over and I couldn't handle it. Sat in my bedroom and bawled my eyes out hoping they would leave. When the next group arrived I was very withdrawn, wouldn't let anyone hold him or anything and not myself at all.

It took a few days to resettle myself and then I was fine.

I was more prepared with DD and didn't have any visitors for a few days to adjust. I was upset and would burst into tears randomly so your not alone.

Just keep telling yourself it's hormones and it will pass - but definitely call the midwives if your struggling! Don't go it alone x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to caribbean For This Useful Post:

Tinkers  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you going OP? Feeling better? Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP, hope the nurses have improved. Are you still in isolation? Thinking of you and hope you are feeling a bit better.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations on the arrival of your bub!
    My DS is 4 weeks old and after reading your post I just want to give you a hug!
    Don't be afraid to be a pest! If you need something or you're confused about anything, buzz the nurses. As much as you need.
    Ask questions - no matter how silly they seem. Make the most of the professionals while you have them!
    It might very well be the blues but if it continues - please ask for help. Your GP or Ob, Domiciliary midwives, child health nurse, lifeline, PANDA. Or even here.
    I did. I thought I was losing my mind. And without a supportive partner and family/friends, together with professionals, I don't know what I would have done.
    I didn't know if what I was feeling was just the blues or something more. I'm ok now. Not 100% but ok and not scared anymore.
    I hope you are ok and feel better soon.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Tinkers  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies for your support. Just replying to me made me feel soo much better and not lonely. I am home now and feeling alot happier. My dh rang while I was in hospital and expressed his concerns about me and the fact I felt I was being exluded and not being given the same attention that all the other patient were receiving.He witness a few instances too. The very next day I was being flooded with help and I actually told a few of them myself how I felt. All was on the up from there. As I said, im home now enjoying my little family and the craziness of sleep deprivation Thanks again ladies.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tinkers For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (18-10-2014),VicPark  (18-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish you well and I’m glad you are happy at home. As a PP said, take in a deep breath of that newborn smell and try not to sweat the small stuff.

It is so easy to be disappointed by things that happened during and after the birth, try not to let it cloud the joy of your beautiful bubba.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomia For This Useful Post:

Tinkers  (18-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Nomia. That is exactly what I said to myself day 3. When I look at my beautiful son, nothing else matters.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Tinkers; 18-10-2014 at 10:27.