+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default In hospital with 2 day old baby and really upset

I had my ds 2 days ago. I am struggling with bf and settling him. Unfortunately I threw up yesterday so have been isolated since to protect other patients. Fair enough. The only thing is I am not receiving the help I need as a result of this. I can't stop crying. I guess I am just after some reassurance that things will get easier.
    Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Oh no, massive hugs! I found night 2 the absolute worst after both my boys' births. My emotions were all over the place. And you've got everything else on top of the normal baby blues.

I promise you that it will get easier. I promise! Try to demand as much help as you need, and I hope you feel better soon. Enjoy your newbie cuddles.

Sent from my XT925 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

Tinkers  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    *hugs* honey

It sounds like you may have what's called the three day blues. This is very normal in postpartum women. Have you talked to the midwives about this?

More often than not, it does get easier after your milk has settled in.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pheonx For This Useful Post:

Tinkers  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Is there someone that can stay with you during the day so you can get some rest or just have a cry? They say you get a hormone crash on day 2-3, just ride it out to the other side. It's not you it's the hormones. Take a deep breath and breath that lovely newborn baby smell deep and get naked under the blanket with bubba and get some skin on skin. Hugs.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Tinkers  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Firstly, huge hugs to you and congratulations on your little man! Secondly, just because you have been isolated because of vomiting, doesn't mean that you should receive any less assistance from staff. Buzz the midwives whenever you need help and request to see a lactation consultant. Thirdly, yes it will get better

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (15-10-2014),LoveLivesHere  (13-10-2014),SpecialPatrolGroup  (13-10-2014),Tinkers  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I absolutely promise things will get easier! Being a mum is hard. The feeding and settling will get heaps better in time. Other things will get harder.... then easier and then harder. The major difference between then and now is that you won't be recovering from the birth and your hormones will be a little more under control!
    I'm not sure how well you are but if it's possible I suggest you go home as soon as you think you are ready. Make sure you are honest with your friends and family. Tell them you are a bit overwhelmed so you don't want too many visitors but you would really love some meals cooked and practical help.if bub is unsettled the last thing you want is for him/her to be passed around by too many visitors- it will make the evening unsettled 'witching hour' much worst!
    Be gentle on yourself and good luck! Xxx

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

Mado357  (06-07-2015),Tinkers  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a roller coaster for you! Congratulations on your DS! The baby blues a few days after having your bub are so hard, you poor thing. I know it is hard, but try to demand as much help as possible. Or, completely break down in tears next time you see a nurse. Don't hold it in, else they will assume you are coping better than you are. And I found tears did help make me feel better. Good luck, enjoy your precious bub and just go with the flow, it will be ok.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad84 For This Useful Post:

Tinkers  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Mega hugs.
    It will get better. Even with my 6 th bub the second night was hard. It takes time. Please press your buzzer when you need help. If your have trouble feeding press the buzzer when you want help with attachment.

It will get easier.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Tinkers  (16-10-2014)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh lovely the second and third night suck BIG TIME. They really are the worst. As PP said, buzz the nurse and cry in their face and beg for some help. And hang in there, it will get better really soon xx

17. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Tinkers  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Demand help. Thats their job. It gets easier n better. You and bub are on a journey together. Getting to know each other and how to deal with each other.

I found alot of help on forums so if you have any specific questions or concerns ask away. Youll get a variety of advice to try and see what does work for you.

Congratulations on your new bub x

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

Tinkers  (16-10-2014),VicPark  (18-10-2014)