+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Couldn't find heartbeat using doppler

hey, I don't usually post on forums so hope im doing this right. Last week when i was 15 weeks I had a ultrasound to find out with gender my baby is, everything was all good. Today at 16 weeks 2 days I had a routine doctors appointment and she couldn't find heartbeat on doppler, she tried for about 10 minutes. She said not to worry but I can't help but worry.. I need to go back in 2 days. Is this normal or happened to anyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, I had an ob try for 10 or so minutes to find a heartbeat when I was 17 weeks and he couldn't find one. I freaked because it had never happened to me before (third pregnancy), but luckily for me he had an ultrasound machine on hand and he had a quick look using the ultrasound machine and sure enough there was bub with a nice strong heartbeat. He then tried to use the Doppler again because he now could see the position of bub, and he STILL couldn't get a heartbeat. So although I totally understand why you would be stressed, try not to because more than likely everything will be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't get to hear the heart beat via Doppler for my second bub until after my 20w scan. The appointment before that was at 18 weeks and hey couldn't get it. They weren't concerned. I had an anterior placenta so that made it harder.
    Do you know where your placenta is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay thanks this is my second pregnancy I had no problems with first so it has scared me a little. I have no idea where my placenta is.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This happened to me during my second pregnancy, it was awful, so I can really empathise. It can be difficult to find in the early days, especially depending on position of placenta (mine was anterior as well).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

belbry  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd take myself to another dr to see if they can have a go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My GP had a hard time with my 2nd finding the heartbeat too. Turns out my placenta was infront so it kept picking up the pulse from that. Do you know where your placenta is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No idea