+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Because there is no safety risk present, Tamtam. If there was, he'd get it. It's federal, btw. But he doesn't harm others or himself and is well behaved so he doesn'tq require assistance.. And yet it's STILL too hard for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't get that. You have said he is non-verbal so he could get it on those grounds alone. Does he do speech or occupational therapy? Reports from them should qualify him for it. He doesn't need to pose a safety risk to others.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

Mrs Tickle  (19-10-2014)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Have they told you this? Id be contacting your autism advisor (through fahcsia) to find out for certain.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Mrs Tickle  (19-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Weird. My daughter poses no risk to anyone. Due to her syndrome and higher one on one needs. .. The Centre gets funding.
    If it's federal.. As you say. . There's no reason you wouldn't get it. Some centre's are just lazy and don't want to do the paperwork.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Mrs Tickle  (19-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This link might be helpful.

http://www.noahsarkinc.org.au/what-w...-program-ipsp/

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Mrs Tickle  (19-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, I'm referring to the preschool not the childcare centre regarding the extra funding issue. For preschool, yes, he'd get it. But for pre-entry it would be only if it were a safety issue. But when I put it to the manager that his eating assessment would provide me with grounds, she hedged around that too so it was at this point I decided to lodge a complaint as I did not want other parents of special needs children having to feel the way I did due to her poor attitude. Simply put, her belief that a child with special needs should not be attending a main****** school is irrelevant and unwelcome.

And, really, I don't want my child at a school where he's not wanted. A pity because there was one teacher there he loved. So he won't be attending pre-entry preschool this year. And probably won't attend their preschool either at this rate.

Regarding this thread's initial issue, it's ended cordially. Saw director of child care centre.

Was suddenly told he had been eating. Other staff reports refuted. Told them I wasn't swallowing it (pardon the pun), that it had been established he hadn't been eating and to move forward with a solution to this.

Was shown guidelines about outside food being banned. I reminded them that guidelines aren't pieces of legislation and to move forward with a solution.

Was offered and given copy of menu and recipes of food made on the days he attends (all pasta dishes..bleh).

Was given a communication book where staff can relay his day (all of a sudden this isn't too hard now).

Update on funding re extra staff member given.

Overall? I'll be leaving the area. Unfortunately there just aren't any decent services for my son here and I'll have to migrate to an area where they are. While I am satisfied with the half arsed effort the childcare centre is now making as opposed to no effort at all, I still resent being taken for a fool and, really, the issue isn't fully resolved. But I have to pick my battles. All this has really opened my eyes and has given me a necessary wake up call.

And it's really hit home that I hate being poor. Must do something about that.

Anyway, I thank you all again for helping me out. It made a difference.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrs Tickle For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (20-10-2014),littlelove  (20-10-2014)