+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just need stop eating out because we can't afford too! But I'm so tired! (We don't have a big enough fridge/freezer) to plan major sc meals ahead. As we just bought something affordable here.

Our family tax just got cut :/ I don't understand I can't be bothered arguing with them I'm too stressed and I can't even sit on the phone! I rang three centres I can't get my dd into them. I want to go home 😭

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You are not hopeless! Being a mum is hard work. One thing I remember doing as a small child was sitting down with mum doing a meal plan & shopping list for the week, she would then give each if us kids a mini shopping list to keep us occupied during the shopping. I still do a meal plan & weekly shop now 30 years later! I find if the food is there I feel obliged to use it when I otherwise would get takeaway. Also if it's all there sometimes I cook 2 meals at once so tomorrow's dinner is ready & waiting in the fridge. Could you maybe try something like that? You can get great meal plans with shopping lists online these days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry I don't know your background story but if you are sleeping a full nights sleep + drinking 12 cups of coffee a day and are still physically exhausted (not mentally exhausted) then maybe there is something physical underlying the exhaustion?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (15-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just read that you have a small fridge - you could maybe do 3-4 days at a time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I found when I was home on maternity leave it was do easy to leave that chore for later... I've got time tonight... I'll do it in the morning...

Now I'm back at work I honestly don't have the luxury of this.

I set a task and give myself a timeframe ie I want laundry washed and hung up, vacuum done, floors mopped and dishes done and I've got 2 hours to do it.
    I'm finding it liberating as sad as it is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Check out the baby steps on flylady.net. Google fly lady baby steps and start there. It's an excellent routine for keeping your life and house organised and clean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by squishie View Post
    Check out the baby steps on flylady.net. Google fly lady baby steps and start there. It's an excellent routine for keeping your life and house organised and clean.
    This.

Set your timer for 15 minutes and you'll be amazed at how much tidying/cleaning you can get done in that time. Flylady is big on this! Even if you start with just 15 minutes a day. Then increase it to two lots of 15 minutes etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Op my theory on hairy legs is that they grow quicker after you've had kids and i've got 3 so they're very furry lol.I don't have any advice though sorry as i'm in the same boat and am stalking for tips MrsTickle can I just say i'm using your post as motivation. I think you have 'my after'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey OP, do you still need some tips, I've been meaning to reply but keep getting distracted!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the same. We sort of have a vague routine now but I still can't get the house clean, get my uni work done, sometimes I don't even get DS out of his pjs