+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    $380 sounds cool for 3 kids? But your ex should be out their contributing financially too.
    I have 50% care, so if I can work, so can my ex

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Threekids For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (13-10-2014),Bunny Lover  (14-10-2014),VicPark  (14-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I can't tell you how many women I come across (see above job description) who fully live off child support and Centrelink. It just makes me mad as I'm working full time with my DD in 50 hours of daycare and they get to spend all that time with their kids just because their ex earns big bucks. For the record I receive about $450 per month CS.

I just have to remind myself that in the long run I'm better off because I'm keeping my job skills up and contributing to my superannuation. Makes me feel a little better to look at it that way.
    but would you be annoyed the same way at partnered SAHM? Who earn more than and can afford to stay home because their current partner is earning heaps?

I don't really understand why one situation is annoying and not the other?

FWIW I def think one is way ahead by working, keeping their qualifications up to date and feeding into their super. So I'd never be jealous of a SAHM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    If the mum wasn't working when the couple was together it was a parenting choice right?
    Mum raise kids, dad brings the money in.
    I guess the point of these CS arrangements is to support the same lifestyle for kids. Mum raising them, dad bringing in the money, even if they don't share a house/bed anymore.

If the parents can afford it, why not?
    Kids grow to be teens, parents have 50:50 care, both earning good money.

Then mum decides to have another baby and be a SAHM, as her new hubby earns 120k/annum.

Now dad has to pay a considerable chunk of CS to mum, as her income has vanished.

Fair?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (14-10-2014),Bunny Lover  (14-10-2014),MrsBid  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post

Then mum decides to have another baby and be a SAHM, as her new hubby earns 120k/annum.

Now dad has to pay a considerable chunk of CS to mum, as her income has vanished.

Fair?
    Unfair - especially if dad has 50 care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My kids SM happily tells me that I should get a job and they shouldnt pay CS on weekends and school holidays that my 3 kids are there.

What she doesnt know is I quit my highish paying job because my ex nastily told me I should be at home with his kids. Im a bad mother for working and not spending time with them. Until recently ive always (since he said that) worked part time. Putting my income under the threshold therefore not coming into play for CS assessment.
    Out of CS I pay all medical, private schooling (as per our arrangement when together) all after school activities. Buy the kids clothes and shoes that meet their dads expensive standards. They also live in a bigger house so they all have their own room again as per his demands.

I think that angry SM who resent CS amounts arent always told the full story. They are left with no one else to blame but the bio mum.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    Unfair - especially if dad has 50 care.
    What if it were under your circumstances, where mum was always a SAHM and has 87% care, but kids are getting older, she then has more kids so doesn't go back to work.

Is it still fair for the dad to prop her up financially while she chooses to continue a life earning nothing?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Bunny Lover  (14-10-2014),MrsBid  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Fair?
    This exact scenario happened to a friend of mine. He was paying child support for his 2 children. His ex wife fell pregnant to her new husband and stopped working therefore my friend's child support payments went up as his ex-wife was no longer working to support them. Interestingly his payments didnt drop when his new wife had a baby and was no longer bringing in an income.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (14-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would change it that the bio father pay 50% of the average child expenses per year rather than what the system thinks they can afford. I'm pretty sure my 5 year old costs moe than $100 a month to raise! While I fork out for rent, food, bills, childcare, clothing etc. it's insulting that right now I can't afford to clothe my son & I ask for some money to help. It his clothes. He dare asks for a receipt so he can pay "half". Sorry I didn't know our child was an item to be bought

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pusheen The Cat For This Useful Post:

MINIRoo  (14-10-2014),PomPoms  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can someone clear some things up for me.

Do CSA factor in the receiving parent's income when working out how much the other parent has to pay? I didn't think they did, that it's purely based on the paying parent's income.

If the receiving parent is receiving SPP, don't they factor in the amount of CS they're supposed to receive, thus deducting their SPP payments to reflect that? So it would be highly unlikely that they're living the high life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What if it were under your circumstances, where mum was always a SAHM and has 87% care, but kids are getting older, she then has more kids so doesn't go back to work.

Is it still fair for the dad to prop her up financially while she chooses to continue a life earning nothing?
    yes to a certain extent.
    Dad would have probably advanced in his career while he had the whole home and family logistic assured by mum.
    If he is earning so well while having kids it's also because he was able to put the long and hard hours at work because someone else was caring for the kids.
    What happened to mums career while she work at home growing the kids and supporting dads career?
    Well hers crash and burn. She has been out of work for years. Skills are not up to date. So yes she needs and deserve some money from dad.

That's why I would never ever choose to have a parent stay at home. I don't want to be or to put my DH in this situation. Recipe for disaster if the couple splits.