+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hate these threads I really do.

Raising children isn't sitting on your **** all day,at least not in my experience and if you are a working single parent, well that's no easy gig either, daycare fees juggling sick bubs, school holidays and Christmas Holidays to survive and figure out, it's tough.

It's also good to remember that the exact same rules apply to both parents, if he has custody she is to adhere to the same percentage of CS from wages as him.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (13-10-2014),Lillynix  (14-10-2014),LotusMum  (13-10-2014),peanutmonkey  (13-10-2014),PomPoms  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBid View Post
    and honestly who is spending $400 a week on a kid

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Good point. Back to the original point of the thread I would like to see a system that is based on the average cost of raising a child in public schooling. Work out a weekly baskeline amount, say $150. Childcare is an extra which should be split 50-50, same as medical expenses. Each parent is responsible for half this amount. That's the cap. You don't have to pay more than this if you don't want. So yep, the custodial parent needs to pay half the cost too. If they don't work then tough, they budget and downgrade their lifestyle. If you don't work then your lifestyle reflects that. It shouldn't be the job of child support to raise your standard of living.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (14-10-2014),Chillies  (13-10-2014),MINIRoo  (14-10-2014),MrsBid  (13-10-2014),MummaCat  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Good point. Back to the original point of the thread I would like to see a system that is based on the average cost of raising a child in public schooling. Work out a weekly amount, say $300. Each parent is responsible for half this amount. That's the cap. You don't have to pay more than this if you don't want. So yep, the custodial parent needs to pay half the cost too. If they don't work then tough, they budget and downgrade their lifestyle. If you don't work then your lifestyle reflects that. It shouldn't be the job of child support to raise your standard of living.
    Absolutely agree with this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleBH View Post

Maybe Kelbels DPs ex is really good at budgeting and that's how she has enough for hair & nail appts and expensive toys for THEIR child??
    I would be a good budgeter too if I got an extra $400 per week...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Good point. Back to the original point of the thread I would like to see a system that is based on the average cost of raising a child in public schooling. Work out a weekly baskeline amount, say $150. Childcare is an extra which should be split 50-50, same as medical expenses. Each parent is responsible for half this amount. That's the cap. You don't have to pay more than this if you don't want. So yep, the custodial parent needs to pay half the cost too. If they don't work then tough, they budget and downgrade their lifestyle. If you don't work then your lifestyle reflects that. It shouldn't be the job of child support to raise your standard of living.
    So the kid ends up losing financial opportunities because his parents broke up?
    Sounds like a great system (not).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    Whos decision is it that the kid would even get that if the parents were still together?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I pay $380 a week child support for my three kids and this will increase once they turn 12. It annoys me that I pay so much because my ex can't be bothered to get a job and lives off parenting payment, child support and FTB

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    If the mum doesn't want to work, then she can explain the downgraded lifestyle to her kid. If the non custodial parent is a good parent and has extra $$ then yeah they will choose to top up things for their kid. It's a fine line between making sure the kid doesn't miss out, and making sure the non custodial parent isn't supporting a lifestyle for their ex above what the ex would lead based on their own earnings.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Emeralddolly84  (14-10-2014),MrsBid  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Threekids View Post
    I pay $380 a week child support for my three kids and this will increase once they turn 12. It annoys me that I pay so much because my ex can't be bothered to get a job and lives off parenting payment, child support and FTB
    $380 sounds cool for 3 kids? But your ex should be out their contributing financially too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I just interrupt with a thought and ruin my peaceful nice person reputation here?

How is parenting not work????

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pheonx For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (13-10-2014)