+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nudge88 View Post
    A review of the minimum repayment so that deadbeats actually contribute to the raising of their children. The current minimum payment of $7/week is NOT half the cost of raising a child.
    It's actually $7 a month!

my circus. ds1 10. ds2 3.2.06 - 24.4.06. ds3 7. dd1 5. ds4 4. dd2 5 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelbel29 View Post
    I am certainly not jealous nor bitter, we do not ask for itemised statements from her , she feels the need to brag to us what she spends the left over money on.

I also do work full time night shift as I do believe I should contribute to be financially responsible for our children together.

I'm leaving this topic as clearly I'm getting judged as a villain step mum that's only after all my mans money and apparently I hate or am jealous of his ex wife which couldn't be further from the truth. Thanks for the judgements

How about listening to our people opinions when it's asked not judging, attacking of bullying others for their differing opinions. This is the reason why I don't use this forum much anymore. People r so quick to attack others.

We are all mothers, why don't we support, encourage and uplift each other and thank them for their different opinions.

You don't know what's going on in others lives and your one hurtful comment could tip them over the edge. My mum said that to me once and I've always remembered it.
    I never said you are bitter nor you didn't work. I'm speaking of the hundreds of angry new wife threads over the years as well as IRL experiences. I don't see my comment as any more hurtful than yours complaining about the amount of CS your partner pays, and insinuating that custodial parents don't contribute though.

I didn't want to be drawn back into this thread so it's best I leave it there.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd also like to see CS not count as income.

When I first became a single mum, my payments dropped due to CS.

Somehow CS was worth more than regular income to CLink.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

LotusMum  (13-10-2014),Stiflers Mom  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Whether she is working or not, she has majority care so is therefore providing financial support to her child, either thru CL or her current partner. I find it sad that dads are often happy to pay their CS until the new wife comes along. She's in his ear bc she's jealous and bitter and suddenly he wants itemised statements of how the ex spending 'his' money. And the new wife is often not working herself!

Yet these same women would be horrified if he left tomorrow, hooked up with some other woman and bawked at his CS to their kids.

Yes I think both parents should contribute. But if you have the mother on min wage or CL, should the father be able to say well I should only need to contribute a small amount? It's the child that pays, not the 'lazy' mother. The reality is that the custodial parent *usually* contributes but a fraction of the true cost of raising the child. But conveniently if the father is low income the mother gets hardly anything. Do you see what I'm saying? you are complaining that a man on a huge income has to pay a lot of CS but statistically that isn't the norm it's the other way around.

Anyhoo it's an emotive topic so I'll leave it there.
    My only complaint is when one parent expects the other parent to pay for the bills while they don't pay for anything themselves. I dislike bludgers.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Kelbel29  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I see rental applications through my real estate job, and I actually feel like crying when I see single mothers 'earning' more than I do from child support and SPP (I work full time and receive child support myself). The most I saw one woman get was about $3000 per month. Just ludicrous if you ask me.

I see it from both sides as a payee and my DP pays his ex. I think it should be case by case.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (14-10-2014),Kelbel29  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    What would you consider reasonable capping?
    I think it's fair that a child gets enough money to allow them access to the same things if the parent that pays CS was living with them. Ie. it would suck if kids from Dad's new marriage go to elite private schools, but the kids that live with Mum are going to a public school in hand-me-downs.
    that should be dependent on the individual family. the person paying child support shouldnt have to live a crappy existance with no new family or his new family having nothing because of the child support cost.

it seems its ok for the main parent is free to move on and have a nice life but the one left paying must suffer forever because of a relationship breakup. cool
    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by MrsBid; 13-10-2014 at 20:26.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsBid For This Useful Post:

Angels4me  (13-10-2014),Kelbel29  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Are you kidding?!
    He chose to get his end wet, essentially being willing to become a father, that's why! Regardless of what the mother does or earns!
    And he's paying. One could also say the mum spread her legs, willed herself to become a mother and that's why she should contribute financially.... Regardless of what the bio dad earns.

I seriously can not see how kelbels DP's ex lives with herself. Gets $400 of her ex (yep for the kid), making things tight for kelbel... While she doesn't work at all. If she worked and contributed some $$ herself it could make things easier for her child's father. And her child.
    - have some self respect and pay your own fair share.
    Last edited by VicPark; 13-10-2014 at 20:24.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Angels4me  (13-10-2014),Ashram  (14-10-2014),Bunny Lover  (13-10-2014),Chillies  (13-10-2014),DizzyDaisy  (14-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    and honestly who is spending $400 a week on a kid

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsBid For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (13-10-2014),ourbradybunch  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBid View Post
    and honestly who is spending $400 a week on a kid

We are. Easy. Over $220 a week on childcare, over $200 on rent for the extra bedroom.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    And he's paying. One could also say the mum spread her legs, willed herself to become a mother and that's why she should contribute financially.... Regardless of what the bio dad earns.

I seriously can not see how kelbels DP's ex lives with herself. Gets $400 of her ex (yep for the kid), making things tight for kelbel... While she doesn't work at all. If she worked and contributed some $$ herself it could make things easier for her child's father. And her child.
    Any family tax that the ex gets would be reduced by the amount she receives in CS so I would assume she doesn't receive any FTB. Their child may go to a private school that costs $400 per week. Child support is paid arrears and therefore is a back payment of any and all expenses for their child. Just a couple of thoughts from someone who is a re partnered payee.

Maybe Kelbels DPs ex is really good at budgeting and that's how she has enough for hair & nail appts and expensive toys for THEIR child? No one can ever know the ins and outs but I get really tired of reading the poor Dad comments!

Also, to another poster who mentioned knowing Dads whose kids don't get haircuts/new clothes etc despite paying CS - did they ever think of taking their kid out for a haircut and some new clothes or do they just not do that because it's more about complaining about what the ex gets than helping their child?