+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think they need to reassess the cost of raising a child, and incorporate extra payments for children who are in daycare.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (13-10-2014),ourbradybunch  (13-10-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelbel29 View Post
    Well our situation is the opposite. My stepson goes to an elite private school and gets the best of everything, they live in a massive house with 2 new fwds and he has every toy and branded clothing imaginable. Yet she is a stay at home mum and her new husband is just on a teaching wage .

We pay $400 a week in child support and that financially kills us. Our child will be going to a public school, most of his toys, furniture and clothes are second hand, our house is tiny and we have to really budget to get by week to week. We can't even afford private health insurance for our family.

His ex wife earns more on child support and family support payments than what I earn working full time. How is that fair?
    The system is not fair and should def be capped at a maximum.

I understand there are deadbeat dads that don't pay but there r also dads that go out of their way to do over and above to be financially responsible. It's not fair my children miss out on so much because he pays a ridiculous amount in cs
    Sorry for being so bold... but your DH must be earning a very high income to be paying $400/week for one child!
    Unless he's paying more than required. Or unless the assessment is wrong.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (13-10-2014),Blessedwith3boys  (15-10-2014),Jakois  (14-10-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    So your SD is with her dad 25% of the year (every second wkd and half school holiday) and with her mum 75% of the time.
    Yet bio dad shouldn't have to pay any child support because he pays everything during his 25%?

Wouldn't be very fair!
    One is his bio DD the other one isn't, we take both for the same amount of time. The bio dad of my DP's step daughter pays cs for her.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC14 View Post
    One is his bio DD the other one isn't, we take both for the same amount of time. The bio dad of my DP's step daughter pays cs for her.

My understanding is that this situation can be reassessed by CSA and the assessment take the situation into account. Has you DP spoken to them about it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelbel29 View Post
    Well our situation is the opposite. My stepson goes to an elite private school and gets the best of everything, they live in a massive house with 2 new fwds and he has every toy and branded clothing imaginable. Yet she is a stay at home mum and her new husband is just on a teaching wage .

We pay $400 a week in child support and that financially kills us. Our child will be going to a public school, most of his toys, furniture and clothes are second hand, our house is tiny and we have to really budget to get by week to week. We can't even afford private health insurance for our family.

His ex wife earns more on child support and family support payments than what I earn working full time. How is that fair?
    The system is not fair and should def be capped at a maximum.

I understand there are deadbeat dads that don't pay but there r also dads that go out of their way to do over and above to be financially responsible. It's not fair my children miss out on so much because he pays a ridiculous amount in cs
    We are also in this situation.
    It. Sucks.
    I won't go into particulars. But there are so many issues I don't know where to start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He is paying $400 a week because she won't let him sleep over at our house, we only get to see him for a half a day every fortnight. This is because she says she cannot bear to spend time without her son and we can't afford to go to court to try and get more access. Yes my partners income is high but once child support is taken out it brings his income down to an average Australian salary.
    I understand that the child should be entitled to the lifestyle they had before their parents divorced but when the mother tells us she has so much money to spare of the cs payments that it pays for her nail appointments and family holidays and clothes and toys for her other kids.
    The system def needs to be reviewed and also needs to be reviewed to make parents that don't pay be financially accountable.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelbel29 For This Useful Post:

ourbradybunch  (13-10-2014),VicPark  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBid View Post
    I think it should be case by case. I think there should be MAXIMUM payments and it should be capped after a certain amount. I think its appalling that some people have to pay over $400 a week CS but some people get away with $7. The system is bogus it seems anyone doing the right thing gets screwed and people wanting to dodge CS get away with everything
    I agree with this. Dp is paying $1300 a month to one of his dd mums and $900 a month to his other dd mum. He is very good, pays what he is meant to and also provides other things on top if that.

My ex pays $300 a month for our 4 children.

What confuses me is that why are my kids worth less than dp's. Cost of living for a child is exactly the same. I actually think the system isn't fair to the children. It also isn't fair to some if the payers doing the right thing and sometimes it isn't fair to the payee doing the right thing.
    I honestly don't know what the answer would be, but individually assessment would be a good start, as well as having a maximum rate as well as a minimum rate

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emeralddolly84 For This Useful Post:

MrsBid  (13-10-2014),ourbradybunch  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    My understanding is that this situation can be reassessed by CSA and the assessment take the situation into account. Has you DP spoken to them about it?
    Yep they basically told him he does it out of the kindess of his heart...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bunny lover it's nice to read someone else in the same situation as our family.

I usually don't comment on the cs posts as it can always get quite heated at me being the step mum and not the bio mother, But we do everything possible to do the right thing and we deserve a voice too!!! There r good ex husbands out there too

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelbel29 For This Useful Post:

Bunny Lover  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    What would you consider reasonable capping?
    I think it's fair that a child gets enough money to allow them access to the same things if the parent that pays CS was living with them. Ie. it would suck if kids from Dad's new marriage go to elite private schools, but the kids that live with Mum are going to a public school in hand-me-downs.
    Completely agree. If the parents were together that child would be enjoying their father's high income, but bc their parents split suddenly the non custodial wants double standards?

Nope don't agree with that. To be paying 400 a week you either have a big income or have lots of kids. Why should the child miss out bc dad hates mum and has a new wife?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (13-10-2014),Pheonx  (13-10-2014),Ra Ra Superstar  (13-10-2014)