+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 173
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,687
    Thanks
    1,089
    Thanked
    4,057
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    It should be paid by centerlink for those parents that don't honour CS.

    Then centerlink can get its money back from the defaulting parent. When a government agency wants their money back they find a way.
    I'm a big believer in this. Any non-private arrangement should be paid by the govt, then the govt reimbursed by the payer, with the payer incurring a debt with non-payment.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,687
    Thanks
    1,089
    Thanked
    4,057
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LotusMum View Post
    It should all be collected by csa and no other option. I know so many women who have been bullied into private arrangements which suit the payer nore than the payee, also when the reassessment comes, the payer should be forced to pay their bill, not just go meh she won't make me pay.
    I disagree, I know many people who have harmonious parenting arrangements with private agreements.

    I'm the payer in our child support situation. I pay 100% of the child care fees, extra curricular fees, therapy bills... I'd rather not be forced to fork out the extra $35/week child support I'm assessed to pay. Especially as I have 57% of the care.

    I doubt my ex feels duped for not receiving the money.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,256
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked
    985
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I disagree, I know many people who have harmonious parenting arrangements with private agreements.

    I'm the payer in our child support situation. I pay 100% of the child care fees, extra curricular fees, therapy bills... I'd rather not be forced to fork out the extra $35/week child support I'm assessed to pay. Especially as I have 57% of the care.

    I doubt my ex feels duped for not receiving the money.
    If that extra $35 taking into account therapy bills you pay?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,687
    Thanks
    1,089
    Thanked
    4,057
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    If that extra $35 taking into account therapy bills you pay?
    Of course not, but if it were done through CSA, it would still be expected.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,788
    Thanks
    948
    Thanked
    545
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    As hard as it would be I think each situation individually. For instance I am a payee and my ex chose to have nothing to do with our DS from a very young age so imo he should pay however if he had something to with our DS I would honestly be happy with help for DS's education.

    My DP is a payer, we take his SD from that relationship every 2nd weekend and half the holidays just like his bio DD. While his SD is with us we clothe, feed, pay for outings etc so I think the child support for his bio DD should be minimal. Their mum receives child support from SD's bio dad however he has nothing to do with her. It doesn't sit right with me.

    Hope that all makes sense

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,342
    Thanks
    595
    Thanked
    395
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I disagree, I know many people who have harmonious parenting arrangements with private agreements.

    I'm the payer in our child support situation. I pay 100% of the child care fees, extra curricular fees, therapy bills... I'd rather not be forced to fork out the extra $35/week child support I'm assessed to pay. Especially as I have 57% of the care.

    I doubt my ex feels duped for not receiving the money.
    I didn't say EVERYONE on a private arrangement is being duped, I said many are. Me being one of them, but as it's easier to just let things be rather than deal with tantrums, bullying and guilt, I suck it up.

    If you got a reassessment done, and showed how you pay for all the other stuff on top of what you pay, wouldn't that be taken into account anyway. I'm sure it works that way.

    Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to LotusMum For This Useful Post:

    PomPoms  (13-10-2014)

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    480
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked
    578
    Reviews
    0
    I think it should be case by case. I think there should be MAXIMUM payments and it should be capped after a certain amount. I think its appalling that some people have to pay over $400 a week CS but some people get away with $7. The system is bogus it seems anyone doing the right thing gets screwed and people wanting to dodge CS get away with everything

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsBid For This Useful Post:

    Emeralddolly84  (13-10-2014),ourbradybunch  (13-10-2014)

  10. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,657
    Thanks
    2,794
    Thanked
    912
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LotusMum View Post
    I didn't say EVERYONE on a private arrangement is being duped, I said many are. Me being one of them, but as it's easier to just let things be rather than deal with tantrums, bullying and guilt, I suck it up.

    If you got a reassessment done, and showed how you pay for all the other stuff on top of what you pay, wouldn't that be taken into account anyway. I'm sure it works that way.

    Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I agree with you about private arrangements.

    .....
    Last edited by PomPoms; 13-10-2014 at 18:44.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

    LotusMum  (13-10-2014)

  12. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,199
    Thanks
    5,670
    Thanked
    4,575
    Reviews
    20
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC14 View Post
    As hard as it would be I think each situation individually. For instance I am a payee and my ex chose to have nothing to do with our DS from a very young age so imo he should pay however if he had something to with our DS I would honestly be happy with help for DS's education.

    My DP is a payer, we take his SD from that relationship every 2nd weekend and half the holidays just like his bio DD. While his SD is with us we clothe, feed, pay for outings etc so I think the child support for his bio DD should be minimal. Their mum receives child support from SD's bio dad however he has nothing to do with her. It doesn't sit right with me.

    Hope that all makes sense

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Every second weekend and half of school holidays still leaves a lot of time for her mum to provide everything.

  13. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,199
    Thanks
    5,670
    Thanked
    4,575
    Reviews
    20
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBid View Post
    I think it should be case by case. I think there should be MAXIMUM payments and it should be capped after a certain amount. I think its appalling that some people have to pay over $400 a week CS but some people get away with $7. The system is bogus it seems anyone doing the right thing gets screwed and people wanting to dodge CS get away with everything
    What would you consider reasonable capping?
    I think it's fair that a child gets enough money to allow them access to the same things if the parent that pays CS was living with them. Ie. it would suck if kids from Dad's new marriage go to elite private schools, but the kids that live with Mum are going to a public school in hand-me-downs.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

    delirium  (13-10-2014),ourbradybunch  (13-10-2014)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Child Support TO BE OR NOT TO BE?
    By darianiika in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 05:17
  2. Please help re: child support
    By Mummabearto2 in forum Single Parents
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-11-2013, 18:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Hire For Baby Perth
New RETAIL store - Perth Hire For Baby Perth
Here at Hire for Baby, we offer a wide range of products from Child Restraints to Strollers, Stroller Accessories and Oricom Baby Monitors. Wholesale prices - till the stock ends. Buy from us and get the installation for FREE.
Like us on Facebook and get $10 OFF
featured supporter
The Fix Program Sydney CBD and Broadway
Pregnancy and women's health physio, pregnancy and new mum Pilates classes taught by our physios for you and bub. Pregnancy back and pelvic pain. Also, we treat postnatal and women of all ages. Incontinence, prolapse, sexual and pelvic pain.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!