Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBid View Post
    oh right people in this thread must be lying then
    Maybe they are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    by the same reason that if he had more children to the first woman the kids would have to share and not receive as much. If she goes on to have more children and quits her job he has to pay more because she decided she wanted more children why should he and his new family have to pay for that? very rarely does it actually go DOWN when the child support payer has more children
    I don't think you are understanding my point. A father also 'chooses' to have more children to a new wife. Your argument lacks weight, if his first children can share financially, why can't the 'second' kids?

I get this is close to home for you, but you are applying one rule to the mother but not the father
    - she should pay half when in fact she often pays way more, but the father isn't allowed to pay more than half
    - she isn't allowed to have another baby which financially burdens him that's her decision so she should pay, but if he has another baby that's more than fair his kids pick up the tab financially.

I know several cases where the money HAS gone down, significantly after 3-4 kids. These guys now pay next to no CS (what happened to 50/50??) while their new family gets all his income, drives a new car and the mother struggles pretty much on her own. Then there's all the dodging of CS, hiding assets, demands over and over for re-assessments.... bc that new car is really biting him financially.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

meljemillie  (14-10-2014),Mokeybear  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I don't think you are understanding my point. A father also 'chooses' to have more children to a new wife. Your argument lacks weight, if his first children can share financially, why can't the 'second' kids?

I get this is close to home for you, but you are applying one rule to the mother but not the father
    - she should pay half when in fact she often pays way more, but the father isn't allowed to pay more than half
    - she isn't allowed to have another baby which financially burdens him that's her decision so she should pay, but if he has another baby that's more than fair his kids pick up the tab financially.

I know several cases where the money HAS gone down, significantly after 3-4 kids. These guys now pay next to no CS (what happened to 50/50??) while their new family gets all his income, drives a new car and the mother struggles pretty much on her own. Then there's all the dodging of CS, hiding assets, demands over and over for re-assessments.... bc that new car is really biting him financially.
    I dont think you're understanding my point at all tbh. I am agreeing that people seem to want one rule for the mother and one rule for the father. But not in the way you are implying. It seems from many posts in this thread the opinions are that the first wife and kids should get more than the second family. Thats how it all strongly comes across to me.

ETA and why should his money be effected by her new babies? they are not his.
    Last edited by MrsBid; 13-10-2014 at 22:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    I dont think you're understanding my point at all tbh. I am agreeing that people seem to want one rule for the mother and one rule for the father. But not in the way you are implying. It seems from many posts in this thread the opinions are that the first wife and kids should get more than the second family. Thats how it all strongly comes across to me.
    No. The same. Bc the new kids are no more or less important. You though are saying any new children the woman has should not fall onto the ex husband but it's ok when he has more kids bc the first kids should share.

I think it kind of sucks both ways, and honestly, I do see the frustration that when his ex has another baby your payments go up. But with respect I think you are so blinkered with anger, you only see your side. Both sides get burdened when more children are born, not just the ex husband.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I strongly agree that child support should be capped. The system is flawed in both directions. Good fun is when the payer overpays so is in credit but csa won't chase the payee to pay back that money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No. The same. Bc the new kids are no more or less important. You though are saying any new children the woman has should not fall onto the ex husband but it's ok when he has more kids bc the first kids should share.

I think it kind of sucks both ways, and honestly, I do see the frustration that when his ex has another baby your payments go up. But with respect I think you are so blinkered with anger, you only see your side. Both sides get burdened when more children are born, not just the ex husband.
    Im not blinkered by anything. I am IN both sides of this. I get no child support from my ex at all. Her new babies he should not have to pay for it is that simple they are her new mans burden

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    CS is definetly reduced when/if the paying parent has a new biological/dependent child.
    Ill come back with the correct assessment amounts

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think the $7 a week I would get from my ex doesn't even cover the cost of nappies. I'm annoyed that my ex has disappeared off the face of the earth with his new pregnant missus, but my son gets nothing.

But I am so glad that we are rid of him.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMummy For This Useful Post:

Pusheen The Cat  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Im not blinkered by anything. I am IN both sides of this. I get no child support from my ex at all. Her new babies he should not have to pay for it is that simple
    I'm trying hard not be be rude... but why then do you have two seperate rules? Rules in which the first family constantly pays and the 2nd families only benefit? Where it's ok for him to move on to the detriment of his other kids but she can't? If you saw both sides you would accept the facts that both sides pay financially when a new child is born, not just the new family.

It's kind of a sucky system all around tbh and I don't have the answers. All I know is at least the system on this particular aspect is even - when a child is born it affects CS on both sides.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm trying hard not be be rude... but why then do you have two seperate rules? Rules in which the first family constantly pays and the 2nd families only benefit? Where it's ok for him to move on to the detriment of his other kids but she can't? If you saw both sides you would accept the facts that both sides pay financially when a new child is born, not just the new family.

It's kind of a sucky system all around tbh and I don't have the answers. All I know is at least the system on this particular aspect is even - when a child is born it affects CS on both sides.

how is it two sets of rules? the first wife and her new man pay for their kids. the first husband and his new woman pay for their kids. Neither one of the pair should be paying ANY money for the each others new children.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBid For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (14-10-2014)