+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBid View Post
    so dad cant move on but mum can. right got it
    Both mum and dad can't move on from the obligation of THEIR children, no.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (14-10-2014),ExcuseMyFrench  (13-10-2014),Lillynix  (14-10-2014),ourbradybunch  (13-10-2014),Sonja  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    So how about a period of time in which support decreases, giving the mum the chance to establish herself independently. 2 or 3 years maybe...

But surely you don't think it's fair for the dad to be covering the mum's choice to continue having kids several years later?
    I agree it should come to an end after a period of time. It's actually unhealthy in my opinion for women to remain that dependent on their ex husbands.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (13-10-2014),Jodes35  (13-10-2014),Kelbel29  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Sorry not an end but a reduction to say 50/50. Dads must always carry some financial responsibility for their children

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (13-10-2014),VicPark  (14-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    Interestingly his payments didnt drop when his new wife had a baby and was no longer bringing in an income.
    That sucks. His payments should have dropped (a small amount). He just rings CS, tells them his wife has had a baby and they do the adjustment. From memory it gives him an extra few thousand of income a year that is not included as assessable income per dependant child. When that child turns 12 (assuming child support is still being paid) then the amount of non-assessed income goes up.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Noty For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Seriously? So along with explaining why daddy has left the family to live with a new woman (which let's face it most do) she has to also (a) immediately return to full time work or (b) explain to her kids why they have to now move to a sh-t box in an unsafe suburb.

Honestly everyone knows my views on how I strongly believe all women should work, but if a woman is raising her kids and supporting her husband and they all enjoy a certain lifestyle and she doesn't work and everyone is happy with that, then it's incredibly destructive for the kids to not only lose their father but then also go to before and after school care 5 days a week almost immediately so their mother can work when that's not what they're used to.
    The reality of many of these types of divorces is that there are suddenly two lots of housing and utility costs and one income is no longer enough to support them. If the father is caring for the kids, then the mother should have time to be able to work and contribute

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Threekids For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (14-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Threekids View Post
    The reality of many of these types of divorces is that there are suddenly two lots of housing and utility costs and one income is no longer enough to support them. If the father is caring for the kids, then the mother should have time to be able to work and contribute
    When? Are you referring to a 50/50 sharing arrangement? In that case I agree. But if it's every alternate weekend then she does she work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Sorry not an end but a reduction to say 50/50. Dads must always carry some financial responsibility for their children
    Yep I hate the "weekend dad" bs DS father pulls. I hate that he gets to see DS whenever he wants but doesn't have to pay a cent to his real expenses. I wish I could pick & choose my huge bills & not pay them!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pusheen The Cat For This Useful Post:

ourbradybunch  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    Both mum and dad can't move on from the obligation of THEIR children, no.
    No one is saying they can move on from their kids. But if you go by whats being said here. mum can move on have more kids get married and thats all fine. But dad whos paying child support absolutely cant because how dare he

Thanks
    Reviews
    my husbands ex lives off child support from her two kids fathers. Shes trying to get pregnant again. If Dh gets a promotion child suppose will ruin our family. Honestly I doubt our marriage and family will survive. we live in a tiny 3 bedroom house with second hand cars that are over 10 years old. we dont have a lot of stuff we dont drink or smoke but if cs take any more money from us we will go under. Essentially he is being punished for his relationship not working. One SHE ended. it sucks
    Ruin you? Really? So if he gets a promotion, CSA will take ALL of his pay rise PLUS more?
    Maybe you need help with budgeting?
    Last edited by CMF; 13-10-2014 at 21:53.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

MonsterMummy  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No one is saying they can move on from their kids. But if you go by whats being said here. mum can move on have more kids get married and thats all fine. But dad whos paying child support absolutely cant because how dare he
    I must be reading another thread. I don't think anyone said that here.
    It's obviously an issue close to your heart and I'm sorry you are having a rough time with CS payments.