Closed Thread
Page 12 of 127 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The placenta isn't formed until 6-8 weeks so I wouldn't worry too much, and you'll know fo sho by then!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mightymama For This Useful Post:

Socimama  (18-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Polly6034 Welcome! I know the feeling, I fell last year by complete accident (whilst on the depo shot). Because of that I very naively assumed that as soon as we removed my IUD I would be utd. Not so much the case :P
    Very sorry to hear about your mc, I know first hand how tough that is.
    Are you testing this month?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Socimama For This Useful Post:

Polly6034  (19-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by letithappen View Post
    Some months we try and dtd every second night but then by like 1-2 weeks in it feels like there is no love in it
    i'm not allowed to mention ttc in relation to sex. We occasionally have the convos around what and how often will we try, but then I'm not allowed to tell him when I O, or specifically tell him we need to dtd today etc. All he knows is when my period starts and finishes and we just wing it the rest of the time. However, not specifically making it ttc sex has actually made us more sexually active and it's been fun. Last time we TTC it became a chore and there was no love in it anymore - often starting arguments.

FWIW i fell pregnant with DD in a month with only one instance of dtd, as we had basically given up and were waiting to start IVF. That month, we didn't do any of the things we had tried to help us conceive, and conceived anyway. So have faith maybe you need to take it back a notch and just 'have sex for the sake of sex' - make him feel attractive, get him to do the same for you, thinking of what you can do to turn the other on. I find we're more in the mood when we've been playful and teasing all day than if we just go to bed and go 'ok let's dtd, it's the right time' etc. Try to pinch his bum as much as possible, and wear sexy underwear good luck haha

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jussi For This Useful Post:

letithappen  (19-10-2014),Polly6034  (19-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    also @letithappen, you're lucky you get more than 2 weeks of dtd - my AF often goes for anywhere between 7-10 days and that's not counting the 2 days of spotting beforehand. So i basically only get 2 weeks or just over...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    At a wedding. I think everyone here is UTD. Is it ok to drink during tww?
    alcohol while TTC can make a woman ovulate early. not sure if it affects the development of the egg, but I think the biggest issue is probably dehydration during O time - did you know drinking plenty of water can drastically increase your cm, making it naturally more fertile? Alcohol of course dehydrates and can affect your cm negatively.

As for drinking in the TWW, you are pretty safe. Once that egg has already been released, alcohol shouldn't affect anyrthing else. It is no danger to a developing foetus until the placenta is formed - about 7 weeks along.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jussi For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (19-10-2014),Sally1981  (18-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly6034 View Post
    Can I join you ladies in this thread? I have hesitated joining in the past as I obsess over all this TTC stuff way too much as it is, but having some extra support and distraction might be nice.

I'm 31 and we have one son (2.5yo). We fell pregnant easily with twins in June this year, only to MC at 9 weeks. I've had two normal cycles since MC, and despite actively TTC, no luck yet. I know that's totally normal, but after falling preg first cycle in the past, having the ups and downs of TTC is hard to take. Also, I've been told that fertility is sky high post D&C but not in our case

Anyway, let's hope Nov is the month for plenty of BFPs x
    welcome I'm 31 too, and my DD is turning 3 in a few weeks. My TTC journey with her was a difficult one, and I had a MC at 8 weeks just a few months ago. Good luck and hope you have a sticky bubba soon x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jussi For This Useful Post:

Polly6034  (19-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clucky_duck View Post
    It's interesting isn't it. The TWW...because you might not be utd and then if you avoid drinking altogether at a social function it may be for no need. I would just stick to under 3 drinks over a space of a night. Thankfully I haven't had that need yet. But next month there will be!
    I just think it's one thing to get knowing looks and innuendo when you're actually pregnant, and another when you're just TTC! Didn't want to deal with that crap tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly6034 View Post
    Can I join you ladies in this thread? I have hesitated joining in the past as I obsess over all this TTC stuff way too much as it is, but having some extra support and distraction might be nice.

I'm 31 and we have one son (2.5yo). We fell pregnant easily with twins in June this year, only to MC at 9 weeks. I've had two normal cycles since MC, and despite actively TTC, no luck yet. I know that's totally normal, but after falling preg first cycle in the past, having the ups and downs of TTC is hard to take. Also, I've been told that fertility is sky high post D&C but not in our case

Anyway, let's hope Nov is the month for plenty of BFPs x
    Hi Polly. I mc in August and this is my first TTC cycle since my d&c. The OB said to skip the first cycle. I hope I fall this month. I hate the anxiety that goes with TTC!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

Polly6034  (19-10-2014)

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Polly6034
    I totally understand where you're coming from not wanting to join a testing thread. It can such a major let down at the end of the month when everyone else is getting their BFP's and you're still here, frustrated as ever, going absolutely crazy.. wondering why isn't it happening to me?
    I'm so sorry to hear about your twins that must have been very difficult for you and your partner
    However rest assured you have come to the right place. Most of the time the pros outweigh the cons in these testing threads and I've found that the support that I get from these lovely ladies is absolutely mind boggling! Even though essentially we are all strangers these ladies reassure me that all these crazy feelings swirling around in my head are valid and felt by lot of other TTC'ers.

Would you like to be put down to test for a particular date? Good luck for this cycle!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tazz475 For This Useful Post:

Polly6034  (19-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can u put me down for 17th pls? Will know my bt date more accurately once I O :-)