+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Advice on primary schools on the Sunshine Coast?

Hi everyone

We are relocating from Sydney to the Sunshine Coast at the end of the year (very scared, but very excited!)
    However, we aren't sure whether to head for Buderim or Coolum (we love Peregian Beach but it is proving very hard to find a place to live there).

Our decision will be mostly made on where has the best school.
    Does anyone know anything about Coolum Primary?
    Or Buderim Mountain Primary?
    Or Peregian Beach Independent School?

And any advice in general about life on the Sunshine Coast?
    The community and opportunities to meet people?

We are soooo done with the battles of day-to-day living in Sydney, so are really looking to move somewhere that is small and friendly.

Thanks so much for any help x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I don't know much about peregian schools etc so can't help there sorry. I do know that Buderim mountain school has a very good reputation and is a much sought after school and buderim is a beautiful suburb to live in.
    I would keep in mind where you think your likely to find work as these 2 areas are a fair distance from each other.
    I have been on the coast for 8 years now and love the lifestyle here. Everyone is so easy going and the pace is much more relaxed so I'm sure you'll love it.
    If you have any other questions feel free to ask and ill try to help if i can.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the advice
    I love Buderim, and know we could be really happy there (I love the village-feel). My OH really wants to be at the beach though, and Coolum/Peregian was one beachy suburb we found that had a nice feel to it. I just can't find anything about the schools up there!

I work remotely so will work from home, my OH is an electrician so is hoping to pick up work wherever we end up... big assumption though.
    Is most of the trades work around Maroochydore and the new suburbs going up - Brightwater etc?

thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok given that info I personally would be leaning more towards Buderim. It is more central than Coolum/Peregian. Therefore it wouldn't matter so much where your dh ended up working. Also from Buderim you are still only a 15 minute drive from the beach.
    Do you think you will rent initially? As this would give you time to explore the areas a bit more before comiting fully?

Housing wise in the Coolum/Peregian areas have you loked at Peregian springs at all?

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, we'll rent first, then buy as soon as we have a better idea. I just don't want to move schools more than necessary... Mr6 is very shy and anxious about everything in the world!
    We took a drive through Peregian Springs when we went up for a reccy a few weeks ago... it was a bit strange. Big houses plonked in a field, and not a person in sight... maybe it will pick up once more people move there?

Thanks so much for the advice, its so tricky to move with kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea absolutely. It is never fun to change schools for any child. Your description of peregian springs is pretty spot on. I have never been a fan although I do love Peregian beach and Coolum.

I do think Buderim is your best bet from what you have said. What year will your ds be in next year?

Was there anything else you wanted to know?

If you do have any more questions feel free to pm me and i'll do my best to answer them for you I know how daunting such a move can be.