+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Oh hugs OP. This must be so hard for you. I'm surprised they didn't say they would try the gel for you. When I went in for induction I was given the gel to see if that would kick things off. They said they would do that 3 times and if no progress I would go on a 24 hour hold to try the rounds of gel again. Lucky for me the 3 rd round of gel got me dilated enough that they could break waters and start the drip the next morning. Which hospital are you attending. I'm very surprised they won't try that.
    I'm going to the Logan hospital, they were nice enough about it all, but just said that if they do it too early and I'm not ready that it'll result in a C-section... I just called the Mater Mothers and they said that it is their procedure as well... 40+10 days... I can't wait that long, I'm in so much pain!! But the fact that I wasn't even dilated enough to get their fingers in to do a sweep is worrying me because it really proves that NOTHING is happening!! I know I can still go naturally at any stage and things can happen quickly, but it's just really got me down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Try to just think that your days really are numbered now. You will not have to endure any further then 40+10 and then it's all over and you will have that beautiful bub. Just do a little count down each day and keep up your efforts to bring on a natural labour. The end is in sight and this is not forever. You can do this mummy. Just a few more days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't want this to annoy you further, but what I have found (just in life in general but it applies to this situation I think), is that the more you rage and get upset and anxious and worked up over something that is basically out of your control, the more energy you waste and it makes you feel far worse. I think the ladies that suggested some relaxation time are on the right track. Try (as hard as it is) to put out of your mind that you are 'overdue' and just focus on filling each day with small things to occupy your time. Every time you feel your thoughts drifting back to the fact that you are still pregnant, try to shift those thoughts to something else. Sometimes you have to let it go, stop stressing and thinking about it, and just accept that it will happen when it happens. There is something very liberating about it if you can do it. Hopefully you will go into labour very soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    but what about her size? I've had a 9lb and a 9lb 4oz baby and they never commented on their size... thankfully they were both a few days early... if I go much more over with this one she's going to be big!! and no-one seems to care! the midwives and doctors say "oh she's a decent size, but nothing to worry about"... but all they are doing is running a tape measure over my belly... that's not that accurate!! and I'm freaking out!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh hun try not to freak out.. I know the feeling of being 40 weeks.. I do remember with my first son I had an ob apt that morning and he was not even engaged,, come that night and my waters broke.. goes to show u never know..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your local health food naturopathic pharmacy might sell you some black cohosh drops to take which is supposed to start things.
    I hope bub comes soon for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    but what about her size? I've had a 9lb and a 9lb 4oz baby and they never commented on their size... thankfully they were both a few days early... if I go much more over with this one she's going to be big!! and no-one seems to care! the midwives and doctors say "oh she's a decent size, but nothing to worry about"... but all they are doing is running a tape measure over my belly... that's not that accurate!! and I'm freaking out!!
    My first was 4kgs and nobody commented on his size. I had GD with my dd (3rd baby) and as a result I had growth scans. Each scan estimated her consistantly at least a month ahead in size. She was born 3.5kgs so quite average...I have heard many stories that end the same way so try not to stress too much about size. Especially if they are only going by fundal height as that in itself is quite innacurate.

I can sympathize with how awful the end of pregnancy is especially if you hit 40 weeks. Ds1 I had an overdue appointment at 40+3 and my body was showing no signs of anything. Contractions started that night and he was born 6 days overdue. I know you must be in a lot of pain but can you maybe plan to do something special before bub comes with your other two bubbas? Celebrating your last moments as a family of 3? We had fish and chips down the beach, it was lovely Either way the end is near and although 10 days feels like an eternity you will at least definitely have a bubba by then.

In saying that though fx bub makes her way out and It's not too much longer xo

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @webby any news??

Me 32, He 35, DS 14, DD 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear you op. I went over with my first 2, just about 39weeks with no.4 and the thoughts of another 2+ weeks is horrendous:-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Are you a mummy again @webby?