+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 40 weeks and depressed :-(

This is baby #3. I have never seen 40 weeks with my previous pregnancies (only by a few days)... I'm in so much pain and running after a toddler is a mission!! Why is my 3rd late? I cant do this anymore! I'm really depressed, in constant tears and trying not to bite everyone's heads off in the process. I honestly didn't think id see 40 weeks with #3...
    I've been walking, dtd daily, bouncing on a gym ball... nothing is working and its really got me down :-(
    Hubby had last week off work to be with me because of the pain I was in. Now he has to go back to work tomorrow unless bub decides to show up... my hospital appointment is tomorrow but they wont induce until 40 +10... and I have big babies (9lb and 9lb 4oz)... I'm scared of this bubs size especially if I go too far over... doctors have already commented on her size...

I just don't know what to do :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I don't have any advice but only a lot of empathy for you. I will never forget how uncomfortable I was at 40 weeks. I could hardly walk. All I can suggest is keep doing what you are doing to bring on labour. I've heard eating pineapple and drinking raspberry leaf tea are both good methods. Also and don't laugh, tweaking your nipples. Yes, it is a scientific fact, that one.

Lots of hugs and I really do hope your beautiful bubba makes an appearance soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    You poor thing.

Perhaps bub is staying inside to savour the calmness for a bit? (Ie delay meeting toddler? ... Sorry I have a toddler and this would be my strategy if I was a baby in utero again!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Getting to your due date doesn't mean baby is late, it's perfectly cooked

I'm sorry your in pain, but I hope you can see the silver lining in the fact you have a large, healthy, term baby on board

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    This is baby #3. I have never seen 40 weeks with my previous pregnancies (only by a few days)... I'm in so much pain and running after a toddler is a mission!! Why is my 3rd late? I cant do this anymore! I'm really depressed, in constant tears and trying not to bite everyone's heads off in the process. I honestly didn't think id see 40 weeks with #3...
    I've been walking, dtd daily, bouncing on a gym ball... nothing is working and its really got me down :-(
    Hubby had last week off work to be with me because of the pain I was in. Now he has to go back to work tomorrow unless bub decides to show up... my hospital appointment is tomorrow but they wont induce until 40 +10... and I have big babies (9lb and 9lb 4oz)... I'm scared of this bubs size especially if I go too far over... doctors have already commented on her size...

I just don't know what to do :-(
    Wow everything you have just said in my opinion and experience is a reason to induce you ....I was for th we reason that I was in pain and I was huge ....
    Go to your appointment tomorrow in tears expressing your concerns and tell them that you are in constant pain and you a scared of having another BIG baby...
    My last bubs was 9lb 13oz. ...
    I was induced with 4 of my babies....
    Good luck just let all of your concerns out .

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is me right now too...now 40+ 4 with baby number 1. Tried everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) to get things started but it ain't budging yet. I'm a crying ball of mess and people won't leave me alone despite my repeated requests for privacy and solitude. So, sympathies and know you aren't alone!! Fingers crossed there is some baby action today!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sorry you are feeling this way. It's possible that all these stress and anxiety hormones are causing your labour to hold off a bit. It's natures way of ensuring babe comes into a safe environment.
    I truly do know this is easier said then done but you really have to find a way to chill a bit. Could you find a baby sitter (you mum maybe?) and call you most calming friend and ask them to take out for coffee? Make plans for the next few days. Massage, lunch date, movie day at home with toddler..... Then if bub doesn't come you will be distracted and happy to follow through with your plans.
    Good luck.... You WILL have this babe in arms very soon. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try... as much as one can fully pregnant to go to bed early and get some sleep. Everything is sooo much harder when sleep deprived and it makes us fall apart emotionally too. I would definitely get them to check out bub's size when you have your appt. tomorrow. I only have small babies relatively and thought I was fine but my last one had a huge head circumference with no chubs and they had to pull him out due to cord so I tore, but then I got four days of luxury (except for the tenderness and inconsistent sleep) where someone else cooked, cleaned and looked after all my other children - it was lovely. Pack some lovely things into your hospital bag both food wise and entertainment/pampering wise that you can do after bub comes to help you feel a little better.

Give yourself a break and do what you need to do to make it through the day now and get some rest - if the tv needs to go on or you do some comfort baking with the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had my hospital appointment and they couldn't even do a sweep because my cervix wasn't ready... they've booked me in for 10 days for an induction... I can't stop crying... I want this over... I don't really want to be induced... but I asked them to do it earlier and they said they can't because if the cervix isn't ready it may not work and it'll end in a C-section... I can't do this anymore :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    I just had my hospital appointment and they couldn't even do a sweep because my cervix wasn't ready... they've booked me in for 10 days for an induction... I can't stop crying... I want this over... I don't really want to be induced... but I asked them to do it earlier and they said they can't because if the cervix isn't ready it may not work and it'll end in a C-section... I can't do this anymore :-(
    Oh hugs OP. This must be so hard for you. I'm surprised they didn't say they would try the gel for you. When I went in for induction I was given the gel to see if that would kick things off. They said they would do that 3 times and if no progress I would go on a 24 hour hold to try the rounds of gel again. Lucky for me the 3 rd round of gel got me dilated enough that they could break waters and start the drip the next morning. Which hospital are you attending. I'm very surprised they won't try that.