+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Weight gain when TTC

My OH works away months at a time, and when he got home two months ago I went off the pill. I was on estelle. Admittedly I havnt been exercising as much as I used to, and I also started working in an office so I am not on my feet as much.

In that two months I have gained 5kgs! I am devastated that I have gained this weight and feel awful. We dont eat terribly, mostly chicken and veg but we do have dinner out on a weekend, usually Thai. Our eating hasn't changed for the worse thats for sure. 85% healthy id say.

My question is, did any of you ladies notice a weight gain after you went off contraception? I was under the impression I might lose weight!

My other question is, will weight gain lower our chances of conception? This month is our last chance and im worried ive ruined it. And if I were to fall pregnant, can I lose weight in the first few months?

Thank you for reading, my OH is about to leave for 6 months and his approach to it is your beautiful and we have 6 months apart to lose it, enjoy our time together now. Which is beautiful (hes the best, but im biased ) but I still have these niggley thoughts on my mind.

Id love to hear your stories and what you thought was the cause of gain or loss after the pill. TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi there. 5kgs might mean a lot or very little depending on you starting weight. If you already overweight then 5 kgs could be bad but if you are of a healthy weight then it could just be disappointing more then a issue that would affect fertility. It could be from coming off the pill and could also be from lessened activity. I gained weight after coming off the pill but I was also quite depressed at the time so I probably ate the kilos on.

You are putting a lot of pressure on one window of opportunity and while I can understand why it's probably not helpful. You could use OPK's to optimize your chances.

To answer your question I was about 85kg when I conceived my DS. That would put at least 20kgs overweight. I wish you the very best of luck OP. Lots and lots of baby dust your way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am 180cm tall and was 84kg, about 8-10kg overweight for my height. As of this morning im 89kg. I feel like it went up in like a week! Im trying not to put pressure on myself, its hard though. We are a week into the 2ww now, so I am just trying to go with the flow. I will be dissapointed deep down when/if AF arrives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on yazmin which is sister pill to estelle I think. Anyway each time I come off to ttc I gain 5kg each time but dont keeo gaining its just the 5kg. I think those pills help keep weight down iin my experience. Just try do more walking around the block if it worries yoy but I think its normal.