+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IncyWincy View Post
    How much motilium are you on? I had to really in tease my dose until I had enough supply. Also breastfeeding support by herbs of gold worked well for me as well. (I took it at the same time as motilium). Are you drinking heaps of water? I know how hard it is, I had huge, huge issues for nearly a year with bf. it was because of a lot of different reasons, but a major one was an upper lip tie. I hope it gets sorted for you soon, and I agree if you end up going to formula don't feel guilty, it's far more important to be a happy mummy to your bub in the end
    Three tablets a day plus booby bikkies and oats for breakfast

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCreamingSoda View Post
    Oh OP I am so sorry that you are dealing with this. Tongue ties are bloody awful!!! Are you part of the FB support groups? They are really supportive and might be helpful to you.
    Have you got good support around you? Now is the time to really call on your village. Tell them how you feel. Ask your friends and family to bring you some meals and help as much as they can. Try to find the time to just sit and enjoy that perfect little bundle that you have made.
    If you want to keep traveling on the breastfeeding road there is heaps you can do and it does get easier but if you want to take a different path that's ok too. Good luck
    Yep I'm on the Facebook page but haven't found it too helpful to date

Its pretty much just dh and I, my mum passed away in August unexpectedly which has just changed my world. I hate relying on other people and really want to try and get some kind of routine happening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    Three tablets a day plus booby bikkies and oats for breakfast
    You may find that you need to take at least 2-3 tablets 3 times a day at first. Because you had more milk before I'd be quite hopeful that your body will make lots again.

If your DH is a major influence in continuing to breastfeed and it is important to him, get him to help with some of the night feeds so you can pump at night as well.

I found it took a while to perfect a correct hold for DS (who had posterior tongue tie undiagnosed for many weeks. This was surprising as I'd breastfed before and thought I knew what I was doing. He just wasn't very good at throwing his head back enough and opening his mouth really wide.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had your exact scenario with DS1. I found the ABA a brilliant resource (went to local meetings, the counsellor there can help), local councils have feeding clinics you can spend the day and the LC will help you and usually a couple of other mums, if you birthed in a hospital they should have a clinic, by the way you shouldn't pump for for than 20 min total (all of the above resources agreed on that) 5 min one side then swap and so on. ABA have double pumps so you can do it in 10 min. Learn to feed on your side so you can rest. Refer to the kellymom website for how to do that safely as well as other extremely useful articles etc.. Take baths with your lo the skin on skin naturally increases your supply or hold with just a nappy under your shirt. I had incredible difficulties but knew I wanted to exclusively bf. By 3 months the top ups were gone but I could have done it earlier if I had faith in my supply. Remember the marathon sucking is bringing in your milk and won't last. Carry bub in a carrier if putting down results in wake ups. Good luck, it's the most difficult thing I've ever done. I'm now day 6 with DS 2 and just having the knowledge has made this successful so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    I've been talking with the lc constantly and she wants me to stick to the plan. Part of the issue is I'm not expressing or feeding during the night as he refuses my breast and I think I would oh nuts having to express for 40 minnutes and then feed him then try and settle him every three hours when he refuses to sleep in the bassinet - just feels like we've got so many issues
    I can't imagine going through this with such a young baby.. it was hard enough in the early days without having the extra stress of expressing and building supply. I really feel for you. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Only you will know what the best decision is for your situation. Of course you want to bf but you also have to take your wellbeing into account. Can you try expressing maybe once or twice a night to build your supply? Do you have a partner that might be able to take a week ir so off work to do night feeds with you or settle bub after a feed through the night so you can focus on expressing to help boost supply? Or a family member you could stay with to help through the day so you can get some rest?

I never thought I'd not bf and didn't see my baby having bottles of formula so it was a huge mental and emotional struggle but I knew I had to draw the line because I felt like my baby was missing out on a happy, playful mum because I was so stressed and consumed by trying to give her the best food.

Keep doing all you can to build your supply but don't feel horrible if you don't feel you can do it. It's draining. So so draining and I have nothing but praise for women who do work so hard to continue to bf their children. I wish I could have been one of those women but unfortunately I'm not.

Another thing I came across was a lactation aid. It's a little tube that you secure to your nipple and it attaches to a bag of ebm or formula. It ensures baby is getting milk and therfore keeps them interested in suckling while also stimulating your breast to produce milk.

Be kind to yourself. Xo

Sent from my SM-G900F using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to update. He's now a month old and still mixed fed - I'm trying to relactate. We discovered DS had a tongue tie which was snipped at two weeks, latching better but still very painful for me and still fussy, found out this week I have nipple thrush which has passed on to him and now we're both on antibiotics. Has been a rough ride and doing everything I can to get my supply up even though I don't enjoy breastfeeding due to the pain

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done for getting this far. Your story is exactly the same as mine was with DS1 next I got vasospasm! May you be spared that!