+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by brooketobub View Post
    But even if you are paying them at a high rate ph say, $40 an hour (labour assuming med to high skills/knowledge) that leaves $60 ph for product....rip!
    Not really, its not just colour, you've got shampoo, conditioner, treatments, styling product.
    When a package is broken down (I know my boss does it this way) they have to take into wages, electricity, water, rent everything. Hairdressers are classed as a trade however not paod like a tradie. A plumber or electrician charge through the roof and add all sorts of things to their bills its the same.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC14 View Post
    If you break down the costs etc it is justifiable. Its not just product you're paying for its knowledge, skill, expertise all the other overheads. As I said once its broken down it really isn't that much...

But they aren't working on your hair for all that time. Some fit in several people at once and leave product on for too long and people there longer than necessary so that everyone fits in. Imagine if other professions were justified and paid that way - a lawyer charging someone for time, whilst working on someone else's case, or a mechanic charging for the whole time that you car is at the garage even though he only worked on it in the afternoon or around another car job? The money is going into the owner's pockets anyway and not the poor hairdressers, most of which do amazing work.
    Last edited by Little Ted; 12-10-2014 at 21:10.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (12-10-2014),~Marigold~  (12-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC14 View Post
    Not really, its not just colour, you've got shampoo, conditioner, treatments, styling product.
    When a package is broken down (I know my boss does it this way) they have to take into wages, electricity, water, rent everything. Hairdressers are classed as a trade however not paod like a tradie. A plumber or electrician charge through the roof and add all sorts of things to their bills its the same.

I don't think anyone would argue with you on a reasonable cost for a cut and colour and time, but $300-$400 for a cut and colour is a little outrageous.

I think I get amazing value for my money as my new place includes cut, colour, shampoo/conditioner, massage, blow dry and straighten, but I have to trade value for money with having to spend hours there waiting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so looking forward to the fact that it's Monday tomorrow!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hate sleeping.

Me 32, He 35, DS 14, DD 2

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I glad we don't have a big house - otherwise I'd spend so much extra time walking places in my house to get things. Whereas now, I walk two steps and I'm in another room to retrieve what I need - so handy! I also like the fact that our kids can hear every word DH and I say - it means we don't have to scare them with nice surprises. Our kids playing also stops our newborn from sneaking in a sleep during the daytime - why on earth would we want our newborn to sleep when we don't?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Rennagade  (12-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Holy crap! I felt ripped off at $70 for a simple cut and blow dry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    All valid points, I guess being a hairdresser and working in the industry for such a long time I've seen the prices rise gradually so it doesn't seem too much.. on the other hand if I had to pay for my hair at those prices id probably have something to say about it too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I love living in a renovation. A month with no running water or electricity in the kitchen is not nearly long enough.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

Explora  (13-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cannot get enough of this morning/all day sickness. I especially like it when I wake in the middle of the night to throw up.

Oh how disappointing...my morning sickness has stopped, but FORTUNATELY it has been replaced by debilitating heartburn. Phew!