+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wanting to start ttc earlier than planned

Sooooo long story short I am BIG time clucky and we were meant to begin ttc in December but I really want to start now (Ms. Impatient!!)

Anyways I've been taking Nature's Own Pregnancy Platinum and 1 x Ostelin (Vitamin D) since September 6th and I know people suggest that you take prenatal vitamins at least 3 months ahead of ttc.
    Also, I have had bloods done and everything came back fine except vitamin D which came in at 30 (normal range is 50-75) so I have been increased to 3 x Ostelin daily and my doctor said my levels should be fine before we begin in December. (When I saw her on Monday I hadn't gotten as impatient as I am now so I didn't ask if it would be ok if we started now).

Anyway my question is, I know the changes of us conceiving first cycle are low but what if we did? Would we be silly to start now when I have only had just over one months worth of vitamins and a couple of days of the right dose of vitamin D?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol, good on you for trying your best to be as healthy as you can be!

I hope it all works out for you.

Don't sweat the small stuff. Try whenever you feel like it. Ignore the vitamin ads on tv. Start whenever you and your partner decide to start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There are plenty of people who fall pregnant accidentally and without vitamins so just relax and go with it !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't worry too much about the levels, you sound pretty well covered so as long as you take the prenatals for the folate they can check your levels again when pg to ensure it is still on track.
    We started slightly earlier than planned (waiting due to $$).. got a BFP straight away.. that lasted all of a week and I'm 99% sure it is over already so will try again next cycle.
    But I have no regrets trying earlier!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Id start now. As mentioned earlier, lots of people fall pregnant without having vitamins. The fact that you have started is a big plus! Go for it and good luck!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Being a wee bit vit D deficient shouldn't stop you from trying. Your taking the vitamins now anyway so all should be good. I say to for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everybody for your reassuring words. It's made me feel a lot better.

I'm pretty sure we missed the egg this month anyway and it might have been my bodies way of telling me the time wasn't right (reading too much into it?) I have had the worst back ache ever for the last few days so much I can hardly move let alone want to BD and I have been temping and monitoring EWCM and noticed the little bit of EWCM I had has disappeared this morning and my temp spiked from 36.6 to 36.8 but never mind

Thanks again. I appreciate it. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally. I'd wait until you are 100% ready to be pregnant.

I say this as with my son we were going to try in December 2012 after we returned from our overseas trip (to Vegas... Lots of running amuck to be done) miss impatient me said no no. Let's try early. Never happens first go.

Bam. Oh yes it did happen that quick for me. I spent my Vegas trip, sleeping and very sober.

In my experience. It can well happen first go. Try when your ready. But not a moment sooner. Just in case.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We began 2 months earlier than planned and ended in a mc but this really made me happy we started earlier as I am now 37 weeks pregnant with our first and it worked out exactly when we were meant to start TTC!!! Vitamins I wouldn't stress over. I've been low on vitamin d the whole pregnancy and midwifes are ok with it they just keep an eye on it good luck! Oh and here's a tip...the more relaxed you are the most likely it will happen! We didn't expect our bfp as we just went with the flow! look forward to seeing you bfp news!!!!