+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    Rebecca I think I must have had the same midwife taking that class! Did her name start with M? Maybe Maria? She asked me in front of the class how my last birth went and I said I found it really positive and would have an epidural again, then she proceeded to tell me why my first birth was bad (needed ventouse etc, which I was actually fine with). Made me feel like crap!

She questioned another woman in front of the class about why she was booked in for an induction, which was none of her business. This woman was on her own and the midwife asked very aggressively. She acted more like a personal trainer than a midwife...quite active and full on in her body language.

This same one came into my room when I was post-delivery, and I told her that the other midwife on duty wanted me to buzz every time I did a wee in the measuring container so she could monitor it as they were concerned about my output. This mean one checked the wee then as she walked out said sarcastically "THANKS FOR GIVING THAT WONDERFUL PRIVILEGE".

I cried.

I might actually contact the lovely midwife who did my pre-admission. I complained to my OB about her after her terrible birth class and she did say she gets a few complaints.
    Yes! It was Marie. I told Dh that if she came anywhere near me during our birth or hospital stay I would request someone else. She was horrible. There was a woman in my group preg with twins asking about pain relief and her response was "I've seen plenty of women birth twins with no pain relief so don't just jump to that" and moved onto the next question!!! Ummmm what?!

She was quite full on with her body language and the demonstrations. As soon as she found out we were having a ceasar she had everyone else come up for a demo except us; some people even twice. Us dirty cesarean people weren't worthy of active participation!

So sorry she made you cry. I really couldn't understand why she worked in a private hosp. Did she keep going on about Papua New Guinea?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    haha Thanks girls! with all these details I was able to find her name and even picture so I know who to stay away from

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can't believe but on the day I got my Ivf BFP I got into Peter jurcevic and Francis perry. A night nursery... Interesting. I was told to have all forms sent back ASAP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @lilypily I'm sure the 3 hospitals have a night nursery. St V and Freemasons do for sure, and I'd assume FPH too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fph has a night nursery!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rebecca, she did go on about natural birth in Papua New Guinea! Then a friend who is a GP and worked for Medicins Sans Frontier in Papua New Guinea told me that we are SO lucky to have modern medicine because the mortality rate in PNG is one of the worst in the world. That midwife should not be working at St V's where I think most women are informed enough to know what pain relief and birth choices suit them. She just tries to shame us!

And I was in the refresher class for couples who've already had one baby, I don't know who she thought she was kidding! I knew what pain to expect!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    Rebecca, she did go on about natural birth in Papua New Guinea! Then a friend who is a GP and worked for Medicins Sans Frontier in Papua New Guinea told me that we are SO lucky to have modern medicine because the mortality rate in PNG is one of the worst in the world. That midwife should not be working at St V's where I think most women are informed enough to know what pain relief and birth choices suit them. She just tries to shame us!

And I was in the refresher class for couples who've already had one baby, I don't know who she thought she was kidding! I knew what pain to expect!
    Precisely what I said. You're not competing first world nations there. Sure they probably don't have epis as much as we do, but how many of them
    Birth in an actual hospital, not to mention the overal mortality rate. Dh wanted to tell her to go back and work there if it was so great as she really seemed to loathe the private system. Screw you lady! We are lucky to have options yes, so give us the info and let us choose. She was a bully!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I am 5 wks with my first baby and I have done a fair bit of research with OB's. I have booked in with 2 different (Dr Peter Jurcevic - Frances Perry and DR David O'Callaghan - St's. Petr Jurcevic is my first preference but he is away fro 2 weeks around my due date. I am going to meet both and then decide, I am having a tour of both - Frances Perry and St Vincent's and then I hope to narrow my decision from there. Has anyone had any dealings with Peter's supporting team - Dr Nick Georgalis, Dr Faris Al-Shamaa or Dr Salwan Al-Salihi, I cant find any feedback on any of these doctors. Looks like Mark Umstad is no longer supporting Peter Jurcevic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had Dr Emily Olive and she was fantastic. She delivers at all three too