+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cucueee View Post
    I have to check if David Callaghan delivers at Frances Perry too. Think doing the tours will help make a better decision too.
    No, David O'Callaghan definitely doesn't deliver at Frances Perry. Just St. Vincent's and Freemasons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cucuee, I am in exactly the same predicament. I feel the Frances Perry would be wonderful, knowing that you had immediate access to the NICU etc if there were any complications but I love the sound of David O'Callaghan - but only delivers at St V's and Freemasons. I have also heard some great reviews about Anna Rogers and Mark Umstead from Frances Perry also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My only other tip would be that you both need to make a decision soon. I know popular OB at FPH like Peter Jurcevic and mark Umstad book out fast. I called with my first when I was 4w preg and they had to check numbers. Returning clients automatically get in. So please start calling you preferred OB's to see if you can see any of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my baby at StV's in May this year and probably won't go back. I'm lucky that my ob delivers at all three so I will go Frances Perry next time purely because the parking at Freemasons is crap. Parking at StV's was great though.

The only positive experience I had at StV's were the special care staff. The staff on the ward were horrible and we were basically ignored as dd was in nursery. I wanted to breast feed and had to ask multiple midwives to see the LC and only saw one on day4! One midwife cracked it and refused my request saying midwives were perfectly capable of assisting yet she was never available to come to special care to assist me. It was frustrating!

As for the classes; the first midwife we had left me in tears. She was very VERY pro natural drug free birth and we were looking at an elective ceasar due to breech bubs and she kept saying that I would not bond with my baby, not be able to breastfeed and won't "have the same sense of accomplishment" than if I had a natural and I should find an ob that would deliver a breech baby. The one that ran the other two was amazing and gave me lots of supportive info. The food was pretty good.

My sister had her bub at FP in July this year and her care seemed amazing and the breastfeeding support was of a much higher standard. The rooms were lovely and parking was not an issue. We will try there next time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    wow Rebecca that sounds terrible!

I can't believe how different it was from my own experience. You'd think that midwives in private would be quite used to people choosing elective CS for various reasons? So many chose this in private.

So she left the antenatal class crying?? :-O

Thats quite intense lol

I was able to see the LC every day during my stay without a problem. They even offered for me to come back for free for a whole day in their lactation clinic after discharge but didn't need to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Rebecca, that's concerning, I had my DD at St Vs last year and whilst I did have a problem with one midwife the rest were lovely. I saw the LC pretty much everyday and she was great. I'm booked to go back there with my next now I'm not so sure.

I did looooove the food though and I'm pretty sure second time around no midwife is going to upset me again....

Thanks
    Reviews
    The food was great. I think I just had a couple of bad eggs. The one that led the class, we didn't want to complain bit the midwife that ran the next two insisted and brought the manager down. Turned out we were joining a list of others who had complained about the same thing. But the facilities were fab and the staff in special care were so amazing. It's really hard to judge as staff very so much and a lot of them rotate through the hospitals so it's probably all the same. Some great, some not so great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Good on you for complaining/reporting her.

It's terrible for a midwife to judge others for their choice of birthing.
    Hopefully your trope will have help to change things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rebecca I think I must have had the same midwife taking that class! Did her name start with M? Maybe Maria? She asked me in front of the class how my last birth went and I said I found it really positive and would have an epidural again, then she proceeded to tell me why my first birth was bad (needed ventouse etc, which I was actually fine with). Made me feel like crap!

She questioned another woman in front of the class about why she was booked in for an induction, which was none of her business. This woman was on her own and the midwife asked very aggressively. She acted more like a personal trainer than a midwife...quite active and full on in her body language.

This same one came into my room when I was post-delivery, and I told her that the other midwife on duty wanted me to buzz every time I did a wee in the measuring container so she could monitor it as they were concerned about my output. This mean one checked the wee then as she walked out said sarcastically "THANKS FOR GIVING THAT WONDERFUL PRIVILEGE".

I cried.

I might actually contact the lovely midwife who did my pre-admission. I complained to my OB about her after her terrible birth class and she did say she gets a few complaints.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @lemonpancakes wow what a cow!!! yes please report her, she should change her behavior or be put aside.

I def don't want to meet that one. She would have a lot to say about my birth (epidural and ventouse) too!!