+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow I'm so sorry that people have been treated so poorly by somebody they trusted. These stories are horrifying. Makes me glad I don't have a bestie.

I will openly admit I was not a great friend as a teenage girl, I am quite horrified by my behaviour looking back. Nothing extremely bad, just typical catty and back stabbing behaviour I think our group of friends were guilty of and our relationships were quite toxic. We all lost touch pretty quickly after highschool going our separate ways.

Since then I think it's more I don't trust myself to have close girlfriends again. I have a few guy friends that I share with DH and to be honest having male friends is a lot less complicated, but I don't have anyone I could call a bestie or anything.

I had no bridesmaids or maid of honour at my wedding because I simply had nobody to ask.

I did think I had found a nice bunch of women at work to call friends but I discovered when I was on maternity leave that nobody made the effort to catch up that they were just friends of convenience rather than true friends.

I do get sad at times (and DH is sad for me) that I have nobody to have a girls nights out with but at least I have DH and his mates (we all went to high school together) to keep me company.

I am unable to use Facebook as when I joined briefly and starting receiving friend requests from girls I hadn't spoken to in years I just found it too upsetting and deactivated my account after a day.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 10-10-2014 at 06:56.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (10-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww that's a shame LMS :/ Couldn't you have just ignored the requests? If you join fb again you can add me!

I am happy to report I have made a very close friend through my due date group that originated here

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KaraB For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (10-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was burnt by a small circle of mum friends, I made one aware of one of the others talking about her online and somehow it all blew up and I was accused of stalking the one that was b!tching and swiftly booted from the group.
    There were nasty msgs sent to me and attempts to message others to deface me.

All for trying to help a sister out.

I absolutely haven't put myself in such a vulnerable position since :/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mumat For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (10-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumat View Post
    I was burnt by a small circle of mum friends, I made one aware of one of the others talking about her online and somehow it all blew up and I was accused of stalking the one that was b!tching and swiftly booted from the group.
    There were nasty msgs sent to me and attempts to message others to deface me.

All for trying to help a sister out.

I absolutely haven't put myself in such a vulnerable position since :/
    That's horrible. I would have been put off too.

What I hate most about situations like that is that the *****es stay put and the person trying to be nice gets booted and vilified. What's that saying? - No good deed goes unpunished.. 😏

I went to a play group once and didn't do anything at all and was outcast. I think because I didn't know anyone else there but everyone else knew each other. I got the once over and dismissive looks
    I was mildly depressed at the time and was attempting to do what was advised by the nurses by getting out and hopefully making new friends. I left and didn't go back feeling worse than I did before. So yeah, I hear you..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KaraB For This Useful Post:

mumat  (11-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post

I imagine a couple of people would say they've been burned by me. Not because of anything specific I did, but because I tend to disappear and go into my cave during rough times, and they probably feel that I abandoned them out of nowhere. Now I'm older and a little teeny bit less private, I've learned to say to my friends 'you probably won't hear from me for a while. It's not you, it's me.' And generally they understand that.
    I am the same! Its good that you recognise this and have learnt to handle it. So many times things have happened to my friends and they retreated and I thought I wasnt good enough any more when it was to do with personal stuff of theirs. So if somebody can just say I need some space, going through a hard time etc then their friends can just know and understand then thats great. And hopefully can be supportive if you need that

10. The Following User Says Thank You to soccer mum For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (11-10-2014)