+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If my DS who is 4 at the end of the month doesn't want to nap (quite rare though) I tell him he can play quietly in his room or read books on his bed. He'll often end up falling asleep anyway though. The other day he left his room and turned on the TV. Found his asleep on the lounge a little while later, ha ha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmumm View Post
    Sure. I just got a CD from the ABC shop. About $15 and she does it from the laptop or PC. There are different levels but the starter one was great to begin with. Very repetitive clicking on the same letter and sounding it out along the way but she doesn't bore of it.
    There are apps on iPhone too I believe.
    She starts school next year and is just at that "I want to read" stage as her cousin can read menus when out and she wants to know how to read the icecream one
    Thanks. Which one for beginner?

https://shop.abc.net.au/products?utf...mputer+Program

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it's the "starting out" one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quite time is TV and or iPad. Hopefully a good hour or 2 is great down time for them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 2 year old & 4 year old DS's still go down for a sleep after lunch. The 4 year old may not sleep all the time but he has to have quiet time, in his bedroom. Normally they are down for 1.5 -2hours sleep.

It's normally around 1 and they go to bed at 7.
    Last edited by Uh-Oh; 09-10-2014 at 20:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My kids are the same age as yours and I insist they have a midday sleep. We do busy busy active in the morning which wears them out. If the 5yr old doesn't want a sleep she has to stay in her bed and read/listen to music for 30min - no TV or computer, it's too stimulating.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS (4.5) plays playstation or watches a DVD while his sister sleeps. It's generally only for an hour or 2 at the very most and not every day as he's at kinder 3 days a week. I love it, I lie on the couch next to him and read a book (or play playstation with him!) they get another 30-60 minutes of screen time before dinner. I think it's fine.