+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Transitioning from wrapping

What age did you stop wrapping your bubba? My lo is 4 1/2 months (not rolling yet) and am trialling no wrapping for day sleeps only so far but it's not going well! I'm wondering when I have to bite the bullet and do it overnight too? Am I risking making him dependent on it if I leave it longer? TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    My first was a bugger baby and I stopped wrapping him at 4 months cold turkey no problems. My second is a smaller bub and when I tried the cold turkey at 4 months it failed... So I continued to swaddle him, using sleepy wings and a grobag as a transition. Around 5 months hubby accidentally forgot to use the sleepy wings when putting bub to bed and bub slept fine, so we went cold turkey from that point.

At 4 months there is a sleep regression so there's a chance that sleep problems may be due to that and not stopping the swaddling?

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    My boys were only 4-5 weeks I think.

Dd was around 5 months and we used the love to dream swaddles. I bought the transitional swaddle and within the month she was out of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My first was wrapped till he was 10 months.. he wouldn't sleep other wise.. this one I think will be the same, she will not sleep without being wrapped

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've put on love to dream suits and unzipped the bottom zipper up so only arms wrapped. My DD is 7 weeks going ok so far. Good luck. I had same issue with my son.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice. Yes maybe it's a general sleep regression but will keep trying some other ideas too :-)