+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You could even plan to do something just with and your kids when the stepkids are with you on one of the days, visit relatives or something and your dp could plan a day out with his kids on the other day such as an outing to the movies, bikeride, picnic, park etc.
    Make sure that your DP is in charge of dinner when his kids are there or have something ready made and easy to re-heat for yourself and your 15yo to lesson the stress from yourself, remember they are his kids and his responsibilty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dragon View Post
    You could even plan to do something just with and your kids when the stepkids are with you on one of the days, visit relatives or something and your dp could plan a day out with his kids on the other day such as an outing to the movies, bikeride, picnic, park etc.
    Make sure that your DP is in charge of dinner when his kids are there or have something ready made and easy to re-heat for yourself and your 15yo to lesson the stress from yourself, remember they are his kids and his responsibilty.
    I'll definitely be suggesting that to him, it'll do his kids good too, having some time with him but also giving me time to chill out.. I have recently started going out a but more when they are with us with my kids. You know how it is with a new baby, sometimes you just can't be bothered
    As for the dinners, my slow cooker is certainly going to get a work out! I know their mum doesn't give them very healthy dinners so I like to give them a good feed of veges etc when they're with us..
    Thanks so much for answering my rant.
    I never thought being a step mum would be so hard until I became one

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    ****Update*****

So we had the step kids on the weekend! We all had a great weekend for the first time in over a year! DP was great more supportive, instead of taking it personally when I said I needed a break he packed his kids up and took them out for a couple pf hours! He helped more with the meals and cleaning up!
    Its was nice to actually enjoy all the kids and when they went home they were much happier and excited to come back in 2 weeks.

Thanks for all your suggestions they were awesome

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DizzyDaisy For This Useful Post:

AppleIsleSMum  (21-10-2014),GirlsRock  (21-10-2014),SimplyMum  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad you had a nice weekend.
    Last edited by Blue Dragon; 01-01-2015 at 15:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks