+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default baby lost at 16 weeks

Hi
    I lost my baby at 16 weeks 3 weeks ago. I basically laboured at home and delivered my baby.
    Iam finding it difficult atm getting my head around it. There was nothing wrong with my baby. He was fine. No problems. It was my body that wasn't able to keep him going.
    I seen my ob the day it happened she said all was well baby growing accordingly etc. And I was showing signs of placenta previa. (I also had bleeding start from 14 weeks). Basically told go home and rest.
    that night my waters broke I had extreme pain that I can refer to like Labour. Then it happened. I lost my baby before my eyes and I couldn't save him as he took his last breath.
    Im devastated beyond words can describe.

I find myself searching the net to See if anyone had similar experience.
    It feels like a nightmare that I cant wake up from. Repeating over and over in my head.
    I don't know if it was because he was perfect and I seen him. I don't know.

I guess writing this I want to know how do you help yourself from these thoughts? ? I know time will heal but I need to hear from someone that has experienced this.
    My family is very supportive beyond words can describe and iam very lucky for that.

Sorry for the long post.
    Thank you

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Oh my gosh my heart broke for you reading that. I've had nothing similar to experience, but I think it's worth going to your GP and seeking counselling. I can imagine along with your profound grief that there's a possibility of PTSD after an experience like that.

Please know that this isn't your fault, and there's nothing you could have done differently or better. I'm so sorry for your loss.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    my heart goes out to you. there are many mums who have shared this great sadness on this site. perhaps a mod can move your post to the section. I am so sorry for your loss, jacjag09, hugs, marie.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to comment and give you virtual hugs. What a terrible thing to happen. There is a great network here and plenty of supportive members and we are all here for you.

Sorry for your loss xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Unfortunately I was in your situation 2.5 years ago and it was also quite a traumatic thing to go through. I knew I was bleeding heavily and because I was out at the time, didn't realise that I'd also passed my baby as I was haemorraging at the same time. I never got to see our baby.

I would recommend counselling. I haven't been yet, but I need to. Such loss (and ongoing losses after this) left me with PND and anxiety issues that are ongoing.

I would also recommend full bloods to see if there are any other reasons why your body did what it did. For me, my immune system was suppressing and rejecting each baby.

Big hugs, I know what you're going through,
    LTx.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs... That is traumatic and a half!

Get yourself some professional support so that you can unpack all of your hurt. In your own time and safe place. That intense heartache pain that you are feeling says how much you loved your little belly baby. You will always be a mumma to them, that feeling will stay with you forever, the pain evolves but it is the here and now of looking after you that needs to be happening.

Be kind to yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pregnancy Loss Australia and Sands are both excellent support services - I particularly like the private group on fb that is run by Pregnancy Loss Australia. I'm so sorry you lost your baby but understand your feelings entirely (my baby was stillborn at 39+2 earlier this year). Lots of love and hugs xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IvyRain For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (09-10-2014)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default baby lost at 16 weeks

@Little Ted and @IvyRain big hugs to you both and tears for you too. I'm so sorry that such lovely Hubbers have had to go through this.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

IvyRain  (08-10-2014),Little Ted  (08-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks harvs <3 it sucks (I'm so eloquent, hey?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry. What an awful tragedy to go through. Maybe do as pp said. . See if you can get some counselling. I can't imagine. how terribly sad.
    Hugs. xo

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app