+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default C-section nerves! 1st baby booked in next week

Hi
    We are booked in for a c-section due to a breech bub next week at Francis Perry House- Parkville VIC. Has anyone experienced a c-section there? My concerns are the surgery! Hubby will be there which will be great but I am also concerned about going into recovery and the baby not being with me and my family getting cuddles before I get out of recovery... anyone had a c-section at Francis Perry... whats the run down?

Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've birthed their twice naturally. But have 3 friends that have all had csections and found the procedure and after care fantastic! I'm sure you're in safe hands with your OB and the midwives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wasn't at that hospital but your bub mostly stays with you in a CS. During mine my sister (my birth partner) took bub through to recovery while they finished sewing me up. I was only a few minutes behind her. The only time I know of it being different is if you have a general. Even then you CS tell your hubby only he is to hold bub till you get there.

Francis perry is great, they have amazing food . It's like room service on a nice hotel! C sections are not something to stress about. The drs do all the work and you can just sit there and relax. Very quick. I was booked in for 7.30. I arrived at the hospital at 6, and my bub was born at 7.37 .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was at a different hospy but I had hubby in the room with me the whole time. He held bub (he was sat next to my head) while I was being stitched up and then they both came into recovery with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much! I will be so happy if bub and hubby come into recovery with me I'm just getting my head around a different birth plan as I was sure I would have a natural birth... But so excited to finally meet our little one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ive had a c-section at frances perry. Was fantastic. The nurse took all photos for us so hubby could enjoy the moment. Bubs was put on my chest immediately. Then they did the usual checks. When they were stitching me up hubby held baby and then while I was in recovery I fed baby. They encouraged me to hold bubs as much as i could. Was an amazing experience. You will love it!! Hubby and baby were with me the entire time. The only time hubby wasnt was when they were doing the spinal tap.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Tinkers did they do the baby weight ect in recovery? And was hubby aloud in recovery aswell? Thanks so much xx also when was ur c section?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Baby was weighed and checked over in theatre while I was being stitched up. Yep hubby was in recovery with me the entire time. Baby and hubby were always with me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Tinkers; 07-10-2014 at 13:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Tinkers! I am excited now xxx you made my day