+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ozeymumof5 View Post
    I bh via my phone and dh doesn't butt into my phone life. I also don't tell him anything about bh apart from that I chat with other mums on a parenting forum. Some things men just don't get...it's best for me to keep the two apart.
    Same except I haven't told him I am even part of a parenting forum. Lol. You girls and guys are "school mums" and things I get to review are "from this really awesome site that occasionally give you free stuff to review but in order to get the stuff you gotta be one of the first to apply to go on the running to be chosen and I don't want to tell anyone about it yet because I want it all for me and anything I get to review I would rather pass on and pay it forward when I'm done with it." Which isn't actually a lie. It's just a really vague and edited version of the truth. I do want to keep this my private little sanctuary all for myself away from people I may vent about in the future or the past.

Dp thinks forums and online chat is for the most part stupid and a waste of time and people should just get out and actually met people. he does find them useful when wanting to know specific information ie I joined a car forum specific to a car we bought that was missing a user manual and also needed troubleshooting help. And I joined a BBQ forum for help with particular recipes. He knows about both of those ones and has even asked me to post particular questions. But a parenting forum.. He finds that sort of thing strange.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My dh really couldn't care one way or another!! Sometimes he gets cranky if something has made me upset (usually judgey mcjudgey people if im already feeling fragile), but he never gives me a hard time or pays out on me for using forums etc.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dh would find bh strange I think. I don't know. It has never come up and I don't really come on here when he is home/around. But in the 10 yrs we have been together neither of us have ever made online friends before... So it is a bit of a foreign concept to him. Probably would be to me too if I didn't just chance upon it one day...

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Hubby does care. He treats my bub hub friends like my in real life friends. Some of them are what I consider in real life friend even though we have never actually met. My kids do too. Just the other day my kids saw something and make the remark that @Zombieeyes could make a better cake than that.

your children are beautiful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's not lame!

He's lame for having a go at you for being a part of an online community that is a wealth of information and support.

Ignore him and carry on as you were

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does your DH use twitter or Facebook? My DH uses/goes on twitter on his phone and I go on bh on my phone. No real difference to me! As @harvs said I think he is using your insecurities to put you down. Don't let it get to you, there's is nothing wrong with using bub hub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DH loves it lol he likes that I come on here fore advice and it calms me down rather than freaking out at him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My dp didn't even know what a online forum was when I mentioned this place.. lol. He knows but I highly doubt he even remembers now and wouldn't care, I tend to only go on when he's not around anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH used to ask me why I bothered reading about everyone else's stuff. Also why I bother researching things using books and google and forums. I told him it helped so why should he care. He doesn't say anything now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    No offence..... but your DH is not so dear. Remembering back he treats you appallingly. Tell him to STFU and that social networking is extremely common, especially for women. Maybe if he was a better husband you wouldn't have to come here to vent about his crappy behaviour.

Hope I haven't offended but you deserve more. If this post was in isolation I'd probably have a chuckle at him, but knowing the history.... he's a tool. Sorry
    Offended NO....just sad when reading this fighting the urge to cry (he was near me when I read this ).
    It gave me that sickly feeling in the pit of my stomach knowing that it's true and that I wish you were wrong ....but deep down it was the truth.....it hurts but that's the way it is ....I wish I didn't feel the way I do or react but that's me.....I wear my heart on my sleeve. ...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app