+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default If you had to date yourself...

...what about you would drive you bonkers?

I would be driven mad by so much about myself.

I have a hissy if people interrupt me when I'm talking, but sometimes I interrupt others.

I hate it when people pick up a magazine or newspaper I haven't read yet or am halfway through.

I don't share my junk food. Ever. You didn't want it til you saw me with it. Get your own!

I am forever on fad diets/lifestyle changes.

I sleep like a starfish and like too much doona.

I'm always either freezing or boiling.

I like to hang out at home and don't need to go out.

I sometimes have an irrepressible urge to play metal REALLY loud.

I am obsessed with Big Brother and Masterchef.

I hardly ever want to listen to anyone else's music or watch anyone else's shows.

I am blind to 'clutter' and 'mess'.

I get mad if you use my stuff without asking. Like, super mad.

I'm stingy with day to day things, then will randomly decide on a shopping spree and drop a few hundy on something ridiculous.

I will correct your grammar and spelling.

I love organizing and planning holidays and will get sulky when you try and offer an opinion. I know what I'm doing!

I can't sleep unless I'm listening to something.

I get very feisty and argumentative after a few drinks. And I never lose :-)

I'm a stickler for punctuality.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Bonezart  (06-10-2014),IvyRain  (06-10-2014),KaraB  (08-10-2014),~ElectricPink~  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Oh haha this could be funny...

I obsess over things. I will quite often dwell on the same thing for weeks.

I cannot handle uneven numbers on the stereo or air conditioning... even numbers only.

My foods cannot touch each other on the plate and I always eat my veggies then meat.

I have mild OCD, mainly when it comes to locks and switches. I check locks 3 times every time I leave the house, and at night before bed I turn off all power switches except for fridge and fish tank filter. I cant sleep if I haven't done it.

I also have anxiety attacks over stupid random things that make no sense to anyone else but deeply affect me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

harvs  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can't be touched when I'm sleeping. No spooning, no hugging, no footsies. None of it. You want to DTD? Fine, then back on your side.

I have to listen to something when I'm sleeping - usually the Simpsons because I don't have to pay attention.

Your TV shows, music, movies, books -
    I really don't care. I'll sit through a little before just getting up and walking away.

Sometimes I go weeks without cooking - living on fast food, leftovers and easy oven stuff. Then spend three days meal planning and cooking, getting narky when it's not eaten.

If I'm awake - they have to be awake.

Sharing... Doesn't happen. Don't touch my stuff. Get your own food. They're my pencils. I'm using that pillow. Yes my head takes up the entire thing.

I will repeatedly accuse you of wasting the conditioner and body wash, while vehemently denying my excessive use of it. Usually while drying my hair.

I love organising and planning anything. Will make extensive plans, lists, charts, buy things to complete said plans. It might last 3 days. Rinse and repeat every month or so.

I get really into things (scrapbooking, knitting etc), obsess, plan, spend lots of time doing it, spend lots of money setting up - then put it down and never touch any of it again.

I get super hot. Like, crazy, take most of my clothes off and open all the windows in July hot. So no heaters in this house.

I have to shower before I leave the house. Doesn't matter if I'm only going to the corner store, I must shower.

Randomly will decide to play loud music for most of the day. Don't care what you're doing. Don't care if I've played this song 16 times already today.

Gee I'm a catch.
    Last edited by SeymourTheBear; 06-10-2014 at 12:14.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SeymourTheBear For This Useful Post:

harvs  (06-10-2014),IvyRain  (06-10-2014),Jodes35  (06-10-2014),munchkin275  (07-10-2014),SpecialK  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Haha @peanutmonkey none of those things would bother me in the slightest!

And StB I am seriously freaked out not and wondering if we're the same person, apart from the snuggling thing :-)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Haha @peanutmonkey none of those things would bother me in the slightest!

And StB I am seriously freaked out not and wondering if we're the same person, apart from the snuggling thing :-)
    I don't mind snuggling. But when I'm actually going to sleep? I get too hot. Ex -DP and I compromised on holding hands in our sleep though. Definitely not the same person - you're much lovelier than me

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SeymourTheBear For This Useful Post:

harvs  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm finicky with food. Must be home made or freshly made. Cannot do packaged or pre made or fast food.
    House must be tidy before going to bed.
    I clean the toilet after every poop both kid and adult.
    My clothes must be hung out to dry. No dryers. Other peoples I'm not so fussy with.
    I need a nap 4-5 times a week.
    I don't share my kitchen so if you want to cook - do it when I'm not home.
    Floors must be mopped daily. Even if it's clean.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

harvs  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    So so many.

- I don't really enjoy cooking that much these days so will hold out as late as possible into the evening before DH cracks and cooks dinner for us both (he is a really good cook)
    - I will remake the bed at night even after DH is in it if there is a crumple in the fitted sheet. I cannot sleep in a crumpled bed
    - I will take half an hour to get ready for work if I'm in the mood - and yes I will ignore the kids until they pester you so I can do so in peace
    - I spend waaaaaay too much money on shoes
    - I love looking at websites with pictures of pretty shoes on them
    - I like staying up late and no I don't want to go to bed at the same time DH does
    - I'd rather have silence than watch cr@p on TV. In fact after a days' worth of ABC4kids I'd rather the TV did not go on.
    - I like to talk and talk and talk in the evenings.
    - don't hug me "just because". I have a child clinging to me all waking hours when I'm at home so I don't want to be touched once they are in bed.

that's it.

Man I'm cold.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

harvs  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    R&A I think I would be your worst nightmare! Especially with the mopping thing...I could cope with the naps though :-)

And @Sonja you had me at that sheet thing. That's such a brilliant quirk that would drive me insane. But then I would probably drive you insane by lack of regard for a crumpled bed :-p Onboard with the shoes though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm perfect in every way. honestly

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

harvs  (06-10-2014),KaraB  (08-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default If you had to date yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I'm perfect in every way. honestly

Yeah I was going to tag you in and say not to bother responding :-)

Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    Oh boy after thinking on this topic I'm basically 'undateable' 😊

I like my music LOUD - but not other people's. Oh and seriously if I am rocking it out to a song go away, do not talk to me.

The only people I can be around constantly without needing a break are my two boys. Everyone else I need serious space from if I've been in their company for more than a couple of hours.

Flows on from above, I like being alone. In fact I would rather be alone than with people. Most people just annoy me.

I have certain ways that I eat food. For example with an apple I bite a ring around the middle. Then bite around the top, then the bottom leaving a higher ring of flesh around the middle - and repeat. Kit Kat fingers I eat the two ends off first, then the sides, then suck away the chocolate on the top and bottom and then pull the wafers apart and eat them individually. Don't mess with me on these things.

I'm not a huge fan of eating out or other people's cooking. I get really freaked out about food hygiene. I'm also picky about the way fruit and vegetables are cut (shape, size - cannot eat carrots that have been cut in to circles or cubes!!).

I get really caught up in books. Like crazy caught up, like what's happening in the books feels more real than my life kind of caught up. Oh and I also re read books, over and over again. They are my friends.

I'm stopping now but the frightening thing is I've barely touched the sides.
    All those things are fine by me. Oh, except for the Kit Kat thing!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412567271.100814.jpg

I have a friend who can't eat 'round carrots' *whispers* I don't know any other way to cut them.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (06-10-2014),DesperatelySeekingSleep  (06-10-2014),olismumma  (06-10-2014)