+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default please tell me labour is near?

So today I've been in so much pain... pelvic pain while walking, sitting, standing etc... lots of pressure especially when I sit on the toilet, I've opened my bowels a few times, just normal (not diarrhea)... it hurt to sit down on a hard chair because of the pressure.... obviously she's low... it hurts to lay down, it hurts to stand up and lean forward, it hurts to bend and move...

But I'm in so much pain, I've been in tears. Lots of braxton hicks. I want to stay a little active because I don't want to be bed ridden and I don't want to delay labour starting by not being active... etc. .. but I'm struggling.

How long could I be in this much pain for before labour actually starts?

I've had no mucous or show... no other symptoms... I don't know if I'm dialated any because the doctor hasn't checked.

I'm 39 weeks today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I honestly don't know - but I hope so! I'm almost 37 weeks and am really starting to struggle. These last few weeks are so tough. Take care and I hope you baby comes soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could've written your post word for word except im 36+5.
    Hopefully soon for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm hanging out too - keep hoping that my waters will break... I'm 37 weeks today - I've got a chest infection and am feeling very stressed. I'm being induced at 38+2 though thankfully but I feel your pain. Hard to walk, hard to sit, no room to eat in my stomach and just had enough basically. Fingers crossed it happens for us all very soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was really uncomfortable for the last couple of weeks with DS. Lots of pressure, ligament pain, Braxton Hicks... I was so over being pregnant! I was induced at 40+3 and I wasn't dilated at all when they examined me before doing the gel.

Late pregnancy sux. I hope bub arrives for you soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would rest anyway you can. Labour will happen either way and may even be a week or two away. You'll be physically more ready to deal with labour if you've had rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in the same situation, even had two trips into the hospital in the last two weeks & I'm 37 weeks.

I'm at the point where unless my water breaks I'm not even going to dream of being in labour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately it's all pretty normal and can be that way for weeks before birth

my circus. ds1 10. ds2 3.2.06 - 24.4.06. ds3 7. dd1 5. ds4 4. dd2 5 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm overdue and have been having similar feelings for a week or so, sorry to say! Late pregnancy is tough, try to hang in there x

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you going op?