+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default My ivf update 😊

Hi all just thought id pop in and let you know what's been happening lately with my ivf journey..

Well I finally got my period today at 4am and as soon as my clinic opened I was on the phone to my nurse and booked in to see her later in the morning..

I went in for a blood test and to pick up my first shots now just have to wait for the call tomorrow to find out if my blood levels are good and then I can start my first shot and send off my surgery forms to book in for 2 weeks time..

Im happy that its all falling into place now but was shocked that from the day of first shots to the end of doing a pregnancy test was roughly 1 month .. I'm sure its going go fly by but we are looking forward to the new chapter starting in our life 😊💕

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for sharing Amy! Hopefully this is the cycle for you and you get a BFP!

Good luck with your injections.. They're not fun are they? All for the greater good though.

Would love to see how your journey goes... Will have everything firmly crossed for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Best Things

Thank you for your support😊

Yeh they hurt and leave bruises all over my tummy but at least I can just cover them up

I'm excited but still not getting my hopes up just in case it doesn't work first time around but still going in with some hope..

Are you planning to do a cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amy!! Just popped in for words of hope! I'm an Ivf veteran, 8 cycles 4 surgeries, 2 fertility clinics and almost lost hope this time last year!!! Now we r 5 weeks away from our miracle baby!!

Never give up hope, do whatever it takes and be sure u and ur partner stick together through this journey, it's a tough one. Some days it can break you, but another days you'll have the strength of a warrior! Cry when u need to, scream when u need to and have some close people to lean on

Wishing you all the best!!!! 😊 xxx

'Shine bright on your journey' xx

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @GStef

Hello thank you for commenting means a lot I enjoy to hear from others that have gone through the same as I'm starting too..

Wow what a journey you have been on you must be such a strong person to go through all that and keep you sights on the light at the end of the tunnel..

Congratulations on your miracle baby it must be such a wonderfull feeling knowing your carrying your one wish inside of you after all you have gone through..

Im a bit worried about the surgery and I found out yesterday at my meeting with my nurse that they only put you to sleep now they dont do any light sedation any more I was shocked I dont know how im going to react to being put go sleep.. I forgot to ask her but you might know when will I find out the date of my surgery?? just sorta need some notice due to working days off with work...

Look forward to hearing from you 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Amy, good luck for your cycle! The injections get easier . You should find out about surgery dates anywhere from a week to 2 days before. Your fs will check how your follicles are progressing after around a week of injections and will likely estimate your surgery dates from there. Sometimes they like to see you again a few days later (or sometimes multiple times!) to make sure everything is ready and may change the date.

It's really hard with work sometimes. That's one of the trickiest things and it can be quite stressful! My first cycle I tried to do when I was on holidays but ended up having to take the first day of school off! Worst timing ever!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by phee83; 05-10-2014 at 09:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amy, thank u! There was a point that I didn't feel very strong!!

When you say surgery do you mean egg collection procedure? Can I ask was state you are in and what clinic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @phee83

So the needles do get better? I did my first tonight and wasn't that bad it didn't hurt going in due to the needle being so thin and little the only time it stung was when the needle was out and I could feel like a sore sensation where the drugs had gone in don't know if that is what I'm ment to be feeling? I think it might have been because the drugs have to be stored in the fridge and might have still been cold when injected...

The one needle im not looking forward to is the one you have to self inject 36 hours before surgery I've seen it and its huge and have been told to put it like a dart and pressure it into the skin its already making me feel light headed thinking about it ( as you can tell im not good with pain or needles)

Yeh its going to be hard working around work of when I need days off for surgery but I spose I can only tell them when I find out whenever that is il just have to go with the flow.. 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    @GStef

Yeh I was asking about the day Sugrey of the egg collection 😊

Im in sydney and go to kograh hospital ivf clinic that's where we got referred to last year when we found out we needed ivf.. what about you where are from? 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    @amy111

I'm in sa with Repromed.

Depending on the type of cycle ur having you will normally have an approx day a week and a bit before. I did both long and short cycles.

In my opinion It is definitely better to be completely under during egg collection. If u look at what they actually have to do it's quite invasive and you don't wanna be awake for that! By the time you get to recovery, they have u on pain relief and you'll just be a little sore a tender. I normally took the day of 'EPU' (egg pick up) off work and the day after just for an extra recovery day. Although most clinic will say u can go back to work the next day.