+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amy111 View Post
    @phee83

So the needles do get better? I did my first tonight and wasn't that bad it didn't hurt going in due to the needle being so thin and little the only time it stung was when the needle was out and I could feel like a sore sensation where the drugs had gone in don't know if that is what I'm ment to be feeling? I think it might have been because the drugs have to be stored in the fridge and might have still been cold when injected...

The one needle im not looking forward to is the one you have to self inject 36 hours before surgery I've seen it and its huge and have been told to put it like a dart and pressure it into the skin its already making me feel light headed thinking about it ( as you can tell im not good with pain or needles)

Yeh its going to be hard working around work of when I need days off for surgery but I spose I can only tell them when I find out whenever that is il just have to go with the flow.. 😊
    Yep the trigger isn't as nice as the fsh but it's not too bad and at least there's only one! Any injections that I was anxious about I just iced my belly for 5 minutes beforehand so it was numb when I actually injected. Worked pretty well!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Hey Amy,

I've only ever done the one ivf cycle, we were lucky to get our precious girl from the first one ever!

They told us to do the trigger like a dart too, but my nurse friend convinced us to pinch the skin, find the side of the needle that the point is on and push it in at a tiny angle... She was so right!!!! DP gave me every single one of my needles and I didn't bruise once because of how she did that.

The surgery was fine... It was the first time I'd ever been under, I was scared. I recovered really quick. Because of the ivf drugs I got ohss though...

If you need anything at all just ask.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

amy111  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Best Things

This mite be a silly question but what dose ohssΒ mean? Im not up with some of the lingo on here lol

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohss is ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome

6. The Following User Says Thank You to phee83 For This Useful Post:

amy111  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @phee83 haha thank you for letting me know what it means 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's ok! How are the injections going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @phee83

Yeh they are going good they dont hurt that bad because its such a thin needle and hubby is doing a great job at being my doctor haha

ive got a appoitment on Thursday morning to get a blood test done at the ivf clinic to see if the needles are doing what they should be and then they are going to give me my 2nd round of needles I think that's a differnt drug?

But so far so good 😊 this mite be a weird question but did you find when you started the needles that your veins were darker and more noticeable?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah they'll probably give you a blocker like cetrotide or orgalutran to stop ovulation. Are you having an internal ultrasound to check the follicles or just a blood test?

That's good that your dh can do the injections for you! Mine couldn't even watch me do it!! Haha!!

I didn't notice any change in the veins... But maybe I just wasn't paying attention!