+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Excited1 glad you and DH are on the same page. This process has bought my husband and I a lot closer too and I have seen a different side to him even after nearly a decade together. Such a disappointing result but the medical part of it is over and hope you are recovering well. xx
    @Bongley my AF is much better today, like you it was too much and I thought I'd have to go to the hospital. I spoke to my FS about it today and she said this is quite common. I thought it was the case but was just another kick in the guts when already down *sigh* worst of it is over for this month.

AFM - looks like I will be cycling in late Jan or Feb. Not due to any other reason than my FS thinks its best we tackle my endo and implantation issues first before stimming and this means 3 months of hormone injections. Good things come to those who wait.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to straycat For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I know most have moved on from this thread but just after some advice! Sorry for the length

I got the all clear yesterday after the ectopic surgery, all my levels are now finally back to baseline which was great news the FN said basically I should from my levels get a period soonish and then we can start with the next one to do another FET. BUT now DH is feeling a bit traumatised from the last 3 months of a long drum for the FET, then thinking miscarriage and then of course ending in ectopic. So he wants to wait until at least jan/feb whereas I am keen to get going once I feel well.

As most in this thread has experienced either bfns or m/c just wondered how you helped DH through this stuff????

He is quite a sensitive guy and has looked after me spectacularly (better than my mum could have which is saying a lot so I completely understand where he is coming from). It's just so hard as I'm a go getter not wait and see kind of person!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Excited1 I hope you are feeling better and on the mend. I am the same as you, I like to get the show on the road but I think our husbands feel both loss and helplessness in a different way to us. Next year is not too far away. Maybe give it a few days and once AF is about to arrive have a chat to him again and check in with how he is feeling. Your body may need the rest as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So glad you are feeling better @Excited1

Maybe explain that you feel better about things when you are doing something about it. I know I'm like that. You're about due for some good luck!

Otherwise yeah, think about having a break for a bit. Maybe he needs it more than you do......... (I know the waiting would drive me bananas though)

OR you could say, one more shot then we'll have a proper rest over christmas........

good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much @straycat and @Bongley prob right about my body needing a rest, I'm just soooo impatient
    @straycat you must feel similar having to wait x

I really wanted to get my fitness back also as I lost a lot over the last few months just at the moment I'm so frustrated cause I still can't exercise after the surgery. All the things I could focus on I'm not- just focused on getting our baby!! Ah well, I'm sure everyone has been here

Wishing you guys all the luck in the world, you guys certainly deserve it x