+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh no @Excited that is really dreadful luck. Well worth a rant. I hope you are doing ok, thats just awful to go through all that. So will you have a scan to see where the embryo is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Bongley we haven't told our friends that we have been doing ivf so I can't rant to anyone else! Yep, I have bloods and a scan on Friday and then they will decide what to do. We had literally just started to deal with it all and talk about the next cycle and DH is devastated he can't be with me. Worst part is that if I have to have the op, it will be done at the hospital where I actually work in the operating theatres. So no hope of trying to keep our personal business private

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Excited1 what a bloody nightmare, have you ever had a lap before? I have had two this year and its more evasive than D&C though you probably know this as you work in the medical field. So they better be damn sure before they do it, your husband really needs to be there as if it is lap surgery you will be under a general and be a bit sore for a few days and he will need to look after you, in fact I don;t think they let you leave the hospital unless there is someone to take you home. So maybe wait a few more days til he gets back if it is not a danger to your health this is, as it is growing bigger they may say they want it done ASAP. So sorry this is happening to you. Its been such a rough few weeks for you to say the least x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @straycat thanks so much, I've never had a lap or a D&C so even though I know what happens they both seem pretty scary to me! Did you stay overnight after you had the laps? I have my best friend coming to the scan with me tom as I think it won't be very pleasant getting either news and she is a midwife so in good hands there. I will stay with her until DH gets back i just really wish it would all be over already!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both day procedures but under general. For D&C and getting a tube removed, strangely it does not hurt afterwards. For lap surgery there is a bit of pain where the keyhole incisions are but you should be back on your feel within a few days. I feel for you, not only is this happening but the timing is the worst

6. The Following User Says Thank You to straycat For This Useful Post:

Excited1  (09-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Excited1 I was out a few hours after my lap (and D&C and tubes flushed, endo removal). My surgery was at 130 and I think I was out by the early evening. I had a fair amount of bleeding but I had a moderate amount of endo removed. Didn't take too long to recover.

I'm glad your friend is going with you to the scan. Let us know how you go today. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Excited1 thinking of you xx hope you are recovering well this weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @straycat surgery is scheduled for mon arvo as I had a scan yest and they couldn't find a pregnancy anywhere. So it's either too small to see still on us or its in a place where it really shouldn't be. My levels have now gone up to 451 so they know there is defo one somewhere but are waiting for it to grow a bit so they have a better chance of seeing it via lap. Had a massive meltdown last night, really don't want the surgery as it makes this nightmare all the more real!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Excited1 can not believe how this is being dragged on for you, what a nightmare - no wonder you had a melt down, its too much. *huge hugs* I think lap is such an evasive way to 'explore' but I guess its the best thing in this case or they would find another way. They will do surgery anyway even though they are not sure where it is? so sorry you have to go through this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Excited1 - So sorry to hear you are going through all this hun, so so hard after everything we have to go through anyway, hoping all is as straight forward as it possibly can be hun and you can get through everything as best you can. Will be thinking about you big hugs