+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @straycat to be honest, i think its the Crinone. I seem to remember not feeling so good last time after a week or so on it. And the pregnancy signs - sore boobs, tiredness etc make it more confusing !
    Starting yoga tomorrow which will help.

My costs are around $6000out of pockets per cycle with a trip to QLD too so i'm weighing up whether to do one more or straight to ED.
    I seem to be able to get a cavetating morula but they are slow growing so also wondering if i should try somewhere that does a 3 day transfer.
    Kee ng who i'm using in Qld will only do 5dt.
    He is supposed to be really good but i'm getting 4 fertilized eggs each try so i've read 3dt are sometimes better with low numbers.

Does anyone else have experience with FS that do 3dt in Qld ?
    I think thats the only place i can use OS donor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know much about QLD I am afraid, am down in Melb. I thought all clinics do 3 or 5 day transfers, some do 4 if needed and even day 6? My clinic prefers day 5 but it really depends on how many fertilise, quality etc. I think most clinics want to transfer something rather than wait til day 5 and have nothing. I have read some embies just like to be in the womb rather than outside hence 3 day transfer.

I have heard wonderful things about Dr Wazza in Qld. I think his name is warren , there is even an appreciation thread on here somewhere.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to straycat For This Useful Post:

amie999  (05-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering if anyone can tell me the basics for a FET cycle. My clinics next transfer week is starting the 26th of October. I am on the pill in the mean time waiting.
    I have been supplied with progynova(estradiol) and progesterone pessaries.
    Are these medications to have before or after transfer?
    How do u figure out how many weeks pregnant u are after a transfer?

Me: 27 DH: 27
    Ttc since August '13. Diagnosed PCOS February '14
    No ovulation on 50mg, 100mg and 150mg of clomid
    DH has good swimmers
    Sept 1st: 31 eggs collected 28 fertilised and 12 frosties. (Half ICSI)
    1st transfer cancelled due to OHSS awaiting FET October

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for sharing that is happening - I am now awaiting AF to start my first ever IVF cycle - probably in the next week or so - so on the one hand I feel very overwhelmed by the unknown but on the other hand from reading about all your various journeys it has made me feel like this is do-able, and that I have others experience to draw on, not just going in cold. I'm working full time (which may be dumb, but my doc approves) so I don't have as much time to post as I would like. But wanted to let you know that I appreciate your insights and hope to offer up my own experiences as soon as I get this show on the road!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    amie999 - Try to stay positive hun hard I know when you are not feeling too much happening, hope you get some surprise good news. Thanks for the heads up on the milk thistle will look into it, willing to try anything new to be honest. My clinic did a 2 day transfer for me (Qld clinic) and that's the protocol they use for everyone, as it works out I wouldn't have had any embryos left had we waited until day 5. I think I would have felt more confident getting to day 5 and knowing my embryos had continued to develop before being transferred. My clinic agree that the embryos are best in their own environment.

Sallygirl - Sorry can't help on the FET, havent got that far yet but good luck with it all x

Topdeck - Good luck with your first cycle hun hope all goes well and hopefully working full time will keep you sane and grounded.

babygirl7 - Sounds like you have a lot going on in those ovaries hun, good luck for tomorrow hoping you get some good numbers, will be thinking of you x

Straycat -Thanks hun, my budget clinic only use the one type of protocol so not everyone is eligible to use them if the standard protocol isn't for them. I have no choice in the time of any of my appointments and have to fit in with what I am given but on our first IVF cycle we have only ended up being $1600 out of pocket once we get money back from medicare. This fee does not include hospital and anaesthetist fees. It does say in the paper work that any other cycles in a calendar year can be as low as $600 out of pocket, presuming that means we have to get next cycle in before December to get the reduced cost so hoping they get us in. I agree with you happy to pay more if more chance of working that's why I want to discuss different types of protocols and if they would work better for me, if so happy to pay more and go with my clinics sister clinic.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (05-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @straycat thanks hun, yep got my stock of Gatorade in the fridge all ready,
    @Topdeck hope AF arrives soon and you'll be cycling in no time, this thread is so wonderful for support and advice. You've come to the right place. Maybe join us in the October thread aswell? http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=529249

@Sally girl the progynova and pessaries are used build up your uterus lining for transfer

AFM: EPU in the morning yay

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside did you go anywhere before your budget clinic ? I wonder how they compare.

I think Kee Ong at Monash has been good but 4 cycles in and no change in protocol.
    Hardy any contact with them and a different nurse for every conversation last time.
    I think I could be going anywhere.
    And cheaper could mean more cycles.

Any opinions on..
    5dp5dt too early for POAS ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sallygirl - Hey, I have never gotten any frosties sadly so don't know about FET but I think they monitor your lining and do a transfer? As far as I know day of transfer is treated as around day 14 no matter when you actually do it (day 12 to 16).

Topdeck - Good luck for your first ever cycle, some women find it not too bad especially if they get pregnant first cycle, they do not know what all the fuss is about! I find juggling work with IVF a challenge, I have taken A LOT of time off for scans, appointments, tests and even operations (for endo) if your clinic does early mornings you may be able to be in and out by 9am but no getting around EPU and transfer day.
    @amie999 & @Heyside I think if you can get the result you want from a more budget clinic go for it, in fact I am jealous, if I did not have such complex issues related to endo I would definitely use a budget clinic as there is a clinic in Sydney that just opened and is bulk billed so about $600 out of pocket, I am willing to travel anywhere to get the result I want including overseas. (Am in Melbourne)

My husbands best friend has been TTC with his partner for over 5 years, multiple miscarriages, ectopic, their first angel baby passed away at about 26 weeks due to severe genetic abnormalities. I only hear about their IVF through my husband as I am not close to them and even he knows very little but they go to a budget clinic. About $1200 out of pocket, in my opinion with their complex history and her age of 43, I would not be wasting time and finding the best FS money can buy and money is not an issue for them but its not really my business so I stay out of it.

I think a lot of people think they have a lot of time. They see Hollywood stars getting pregnant in their mid to late 40s. They think people get pregnant all the time for free so they will just do that, people who smoke and drink heavily get pregnant so why should they stop?! each to their own I guess.
    @amie999 seeing they didnt change your protocol did they at least get you taking more vitamins etc for egg quality?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to straycat For This Useful Post:

Sally girl  (06-10-2014),Topdeck  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amie999 View Post
    @Heyside did you go anywhere before your budget clinic ? I wonder how they compare.

I think Kee Ong at Monash has been good but 4 cycles in and no change in protocol.
    Hardy any contact with them and a different nurse for every conversation last time.
    I think I could be going anywhere.
    And cheaper could mean more cycles.

Any opinions on..
    5dp5dt too early for POAS ?
    Hi @aimee999 I've done a private (Genea) and public/budget(RPA). I kinda got the best of both worlds though as I got the private service with all the investigations and then switched to the budget clinic when I realised I had to keep going with it. Plus the two clinics both use genea doctors and lab. The nurses and service are different. The waiting list is very long for RPA and trying to see the FS is a pain in the butt but they got me my first BFP so I'm happy with it.

you might get a faint BFP at 5dp5dt but there is a good chance you will be too early so it depends how you can handle a negative. 7dp5dt is a good one to aim for (personally I start at 4dp5dt because I am a masochist)

AFM I've got my period today so I'm out!

Good luck gals!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Topdeck  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and Genea were about 5K out of pocket and RPA are $1500