+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Those with older children...

Just curious - looking back to when they were babies, are there aspects of their personality, temperament, little quirks, etc, that you can remember as being present from a very young age?

I'm just wondering if DS's current behaviour gives any indication of what he'll be like when he's older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Depends on what you mean by baby. DD1 has always been an observer. Still is. Shocking sleeper. Still is. Shy baby. Still is shy.

DD2 is our dare devil and has been since a very young age. She'll try ANYTHING. Also met milestones ridiculously early and still pushes herself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yep. DD was inquisitive, quirky, obsessive and knew her own mind as a toddler. Nothing has changed at 10

DS was a high needs, demanding but very loving little thing.... and still is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Dd1 was always go go go, very independent, very mature and advanced in her understanding and communication. She was a very old soul and still is all of the above (she is 7).

Dd2 was a very placid and content and go with the flow type baby and still is at 4.

Dd3 is a lot more like dd1 and always has been, although she is only 2 but I dont see it changing any time soon.

Dd4 is so far more like dd2, very placid and calm and go with the flow. She is only almost 5 months though so will be interesting to see if it changes as she gets older.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS1, 4, was a placid baby, was easy to settle, very good sleeper and was a sensitive toddler. At 4 he still is, he's become more opinionated but he's still a calm little boy with a gentle nature.

DS2 came into this world knowing exactly what he wanted, when he wanted. From day one he was loud and strong willed. At 2 he is exactly the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep. DD has always been high needs - since her first night on earth actually, whereas DS1 has always been more happy go lucky. DS2 was prem and very strong willed from birth - as a 31 weeker he would not take a dummy no matter how hard all the NICU staff tried, the wee skinny rabbit would just spit it out and at nearly three is still an extremely determined child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As a baby ds was very clingy to me, stubborn, unwilling to accept change (ie. never once drank water/breast milk/formula from a cup or bottle, liked his food presented in certain ways even when only just weaned..), loved books and music, advanced with his speech and language...

he is still all of those at 5. He is more social and gentle than he was as a baby/young toddler though. He has always loved cuddles and needed a lot of physical affection. Also he has always been a terrible sleeper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Depends on what you mean by baby.
    Well DS is only 3 months, so I'm thinking quite young!

But I'm pleasantly surprised by the responses, it seems like they really are their own distinct little people from a young age.

So far DS is mostly pretty chilled, no problems with sleep or settling. He doesn't smile much but he loves staring at people, he seems to be happiest when I take him out of the house all day so he has more people to stare at
    We predict he's going to be a very serious, thoughtful little man!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely!
    My 11yo is a serious, sensitive, not-social type. I saw aspects of this from 1 week of age, and all of it after a few months.
    My 9yo is very social, she has been this way since she first started smiling and babbling at people as a little baby. From about 6 months of age she also started showing a feisty, head-strong personality, which she definitely still has!
    My 7yo has always been the fun-loving one. Since babyhood he has been friendly, happy, just a joy to be around. He is still like that now, though he has added a short temper to the mix lol, but I think (hope) that's just the age he is.