+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For people that say they order an entree, what sort of things do you order?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I often order my meal around what I know my DD who is 20 months will eat and share.

If we so happen to order her a kids meal depending on where we are, I go for the kids roast option if we are at a local pub or the fish and chips and ask for it to be grilled

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    TBH I've rarely encountered frozen nuggets or frozen pizza. Usually it's home made chicken breast pieces crumbed or a small version of their own pizza.
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 05-10-2014 at 15:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We've just started ordering for our 3 1/2 year old (previously, she just nibbled at our plates as she's never been a big eater). It's hit and miss as to how much she eats.

I don't mind ordering from the kids menu (fish or nuggets and chips or pasta), otherwise she gets an entrée serve of something (usually salt & pepper squid).
    If it's Chinese, we order lots of share plates so she just eats a variety.
    If it's Italian, she shares some pizza and pasta.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopoke View Post
    For people that say they order an entree, what sort of things do you order?
    DS fav food is BBQ octopus! I've been getting that for him at our local Italian restaurant who have it as an entree there since he was about 18months! Also zucchini flowers or meatballs at Italian, fish or crab cakes at Thai, falafel or lentil rice at Lebanese , garlic prawns at French and Chinese or yum cha he just eats what we all eat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    If think they will eat a whole meal I do order something. I have no problems giving them something of my plate. I can never eat a whole meal anyway.

I don't care what the waiter thinks of my choice of food of or my parenting style. After all he has no clue about my kids eating issues or sensory issues and I don't plan on embracing my child by telling them. If they ask I simply ignore it and carry on with my order or simply say thank you that all we need and get on with enjoying my meal or family time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    I don't serve my kids fried nuggets or chips at home, so on the rare occasion that we do eat out, I don't mind if Ds1&2 share a plate of that. I usually order one plate and then they share.
    I know it's not the best kids option and more should be offered, but I'm not sure why people are so disgusted in this option. If you are serving your kids lots of vegetables, fruits and grilled meats every other day, isn't ok for your kids to have a treat of some chips and nuggets on the odd occasion?

Also if it's a lunch outing, I'll make sure they'll have a bowl of veggie soup that evening for dinner.
    My dd won't eat 90% of a kids menu, she doesn't like bland, reheated frozen food. I don't understand the mentality of 'children must only like bland things' if a child is exposed to flavours and textures from a young age then that's what they tend to gravitate before.

At the pub we often go to her favourite meal is the salt and pepper squid. It's still deep fried, but it's freshly made and has lots of flavour. She's had an entree size of that since she was around 12 months old.

Sent from my D6503 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No. In my experience kids meals are expensive and often way too much for my kids to eat. It seems so wasteful. Also, it is always the same: chicken nuggets, fish and chips, banger's and mash etc. I order them an entree and share mine if they like it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    My dd won't eat 90% of a kids menu, she doesn't like bland, reheated frozen food. I don't understand the mentality of 'children must only like bland things' if a child is exposed to flavours and textures from a young age then that's what they tend to gravitate before.

At the pub we often go to her favourite meal is the salt and pepper squid. It's still deep fried, but it's freshly made and has lots of flavour. She's had an entree size of that since she was around 12 months old.

Sent from my D6503 using The Bub Hub mobile app

As as I said in my previous post, I've rarely been anywhere that's served frozen, reheated food, yuck! (Unless it's a birthday party!)
    My favourite place makes homemade popcorn chicken with real chicken and hand cut chips, so "nuggets and chips" but fresher. Also they make fresh pizza for kids, just a smaller version.
    And another place makes mini chicken schnizel pieces.
    Maybe we have it nicer in Melbourne!

I agree that the options are boring, but if my kids don't eat it at home, it's interesting for them.
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 05-10-2014 at 18:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    As as I said in my previous post, I've rarely been anywhere that's served frozen, reheated food, yuck! (Unless it's a birthday party!)
    My favourite place makes homemade popcorn chicken with real chicken and hand cut chips, so "nuggets and chips" but fresher. Also they make fresh pizza for kids, just a smaller version.
    And another place makes mini chicken schnizel pieces.
    Maybe we have it nicer in Melbourne!

I agree that the options are boring, but if my kids don't eat it at home, it's interesting for them.
    Where we eat is the same and we're regional.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (05-10-2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast