+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, DS who is almost 2 is a bit of a hit or miss at dinner time and I don't feel like wasting $10 for something that may not get eaten and it's usually crap. We usually order for ourselves and share with DS. In saying that we don't really go out that often for dinner anyways, but of a nightmare!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not usually for DD2 (20mths), DD1 (9) orders from the menu. Sometimes it's a kids meal, sometimes it's not. DD2 just shares what we're having or I'll order her a side dish, she's not the greatest eater though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We rarely go out for dinner with the kids (a bit expensive with all 5 kids). If we do it depends where we are as to whether we order kids menu. DD is a really good eater so we do have to order her something, just depends what's on the menu. She eats whatever we eat at dinner time (she's nearly 3) so it's more about working out the best size meal for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone good to see im not alone!

Good idea about ordering an entree or side instead.. didn't even think of that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    One of our local clubs has "buy an adult meal and get two free kids meals" on Fridays. It's awesome! But, all the same junk on the menu

Thanks
    Reviews
    We order the fried crap food for DS bc he is only 19 months and will throw vegies overboard and I don't fancy that sort of cleanup in a restaurant. I save the healthy stuff for home. When he gets older and has better table manners he can share our meals/have an entree etc. There's a 'healthy' burger place we went to near home recently that had a burger, chips, juice, colour in pad and pencils. It was awesome - we got to enjoy our food in peace for once!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eilonwy For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (05-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd is 22 months and we usually order her an entree. I hate the way that kids meals are always fried crap.

Sent from my D6503 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Always, if there isn't anything suitable on the kids menu I'll order them something off the rest of the menu or an entree. Occasionally, where I know the meals are big i'll order one meal for them to share.

They are 2 & 4, and generally they eat most of it. We eat out appx. Twice a week and I have found the quality & variety of the kids menu to be getting better, if not, like I said i just order off the normal menu.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends on where it is and what's on the menu. We often eat at Asian places so they don't have a kids' menu - but we will get an extra small dish or entree and then share. I'm not opposed to him having the occasional meal of fish and chips or nuggets though, if those were the most suitable options wherever we were.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    I don't serve my kids fried nuggets or chips at home, so on the rare occasion that we do eat out, I don't mind if Ds1&2 share a plate of that. I usually order one plate and then they share.
    I know it's not the best kids option and more should be offered, but I'm not sure why people are so disgusted in this option. If you are serving your kids lots of vegetables, fruits and grilled meats every other day, isn't ok for your kids to have a treat of some chips and nuggets on the odd occasion?

Also if it's a lunch outing, I'll make sure they'll have a bowl of veggie soup that evening for dinner.
    I am not opposed to rubbish as sometimes food. But if I am paying good money I won't order frozen and deep fried/re heated nuggets/chips, pizzas etc when my kids have a wide and varied palate. If we are going out for dinner it's to enjoy a well prepared tasty meal. But I don't class that food as treat food as it does not taste particularly good, treat food to me is delicious!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (05-10-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (06-05-2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast