+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I rarely order from the kids menu because its usually full of fried crap. I always order my kids an entrée or ask for a small sized meal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS will usually just share mine and dh meals at dinner and we also get an entree to make it go further.

If it's breaky I usually get him a kids meal or just a bowl of eggs and get me the big breaky so I can share with him.

He almost always eats lots at breaky but it's hit and miss with dinner so we stopped ordering him his own. Not only were we wasting our money but as others have said it's usually just deep fried and not very tasty.

As for the waiter that is so rude. Even if you only wanted to order one meal for the whole table they couldn't actually stop you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes they get their own meals, both kids are good eaters and the occasional kids meal is fine imo. My kids are 4&18 months. We rarely eat out so I want to enjoy my meal and the kids find it a little bit fancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even at 4.5 we rarely order a separate meal for DD. They're usually expensive, don't get eaten and are not the best food.

We order something we can either all share or will order an entrée that we all share and then the main that is suitable to share with her (has chips and veg on the side or pasta/ pizza that she can have a portion of).

On rare occasions we'll order a kids spag bol or something similar.

If a waiter asks we say frankly, no she'll have some of ours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most of the kids meals if not crappy, are so predictable... and I want my kids to try a variety of foods and not to be afraid of new tastes so yes, occasionally we get them kids meals, but most the time no. Rather one more entry or/and side dish, plus whatever they will like to sneak from our plates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    We always order separate meals for our kids. Part of the fun of eating out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We usually order a few meals and share amongst all of us. Unfortunately kids meals are pretty much always crap so we never order them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today we order for the first time for our 11 month old at breakfast.
    $6 for a boiled egg and two slices of toast.... Of which she ate about 2 mouthfuls!
    Last night however we went to the pub and she ate ALL my burramundi and I was left with the salad and spuds....
    I wouldn't be in a hurry to order from the kids.
    I always pick something she will eat now so I'm happy to share.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, its usually deep fried yuk. The only two times I've ordered a kids meal was a mini steak and a mini handmade pizza. I usually order him chips ( not great but not the worst) and salad. Otherwise he shares with me as I'm not a big eater.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    We never really order kids meals because they're usually crap and just order the kids their own meals off the regular menu