+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do u order kids meals at restaurants?

I mean ordering for your child that is 4 or under? I have a 2.5 yr old and whenever we dine out we get given the kids menu too and I never order from it. I just take some off my and dh plate and put on his bread plate for him to eat.

Is this stingey? Some waiters make comments like oh did he eat before he came? I feel so embarrassed like I am just a tight a for not buying him a meal but when they are $15 I just think its such a waste...
    Seeing what others do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Depends what we are ordering. If we know one of us (or both) are having something the kids will eat, then we will share. Sometimes I will order 1 kids meal to share between our 2 (2.5 yrs and 1.5 yrs) or just an entree of something they like. Other times I will have food for them from home and we will order just for ourselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our daughter is 1 and we do order for her, only because she loves her food and tbh I don't think portion sizes are big enough for all 3 of us to be satisfied. Only exception to this is when the menu is filled with junk fried stuff so we then order side veggies for her and give some of our protein

Thanks
    Reviews
    When DD was that age she either ate some of what we were having, we might order a side if steamed veg or we would order soup for her. She didn't start getting into nuggets and chips until she was about 3.5 so no point spending $10+ on a meal she wouldn't eat.

She's 6 now and sometimes wants a kids meal, sometimes the soup or steam veg and chips.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Our daughter is 1 and we do order for her, only because she loves her food and tbh I don't think portion sizes are big enough for all 3 of us to be satisfied. Only exception to this is when the menu is filled with junk fried stuff so we then order side veggies for her and give some of our protein
    We mostly go to pubs so do the same as you because it's usually deep fried, although one of our locals does let you swap the chips for vegies or do a half serve of an adult meal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use to order a kids meal each time buy my son never finished them and we'd both be full from our meals and I hate wasting food so I'll take leftovers home. I stopped doing that though. I just make sure it's something he'll eat and give him some. How rude of the waiter to ask that question. What business is it of theirs?! Even kids meals are sometimes too big for my son!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Depends where we go (not that we go out much anyway). Dd3 (2 years) we normally order from the kids menu but she still picks at stuff on our plate too. If some where like sizzlers though she just shares with us.

Dd2 (4 years) always gets her own meal.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends where we go. DD is 3 and we will order a kids meal if it's not just junk otherwise we'll get her an entree or meal from the regular menu. I hate that kids meals are so often just fried rubbish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I Wouldn't at that age, happy to share as they don't eat much! even now when we go out we only order 1 kids meal & they share and they 6 & 4! Except when it's kids eat free!

Thanks
    Reviews
    But the kids menu is usually awful! Fried food or spaghetti. Even at decent restaurants. I've never been to a very good restaurant with DS as I wouldn't bother taking him at this point, he's too little and would ruin the experience for me although he is getting better now with sitting patiently.

Restaurants need to up the ante when it comes to kids menus big time!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (05-10-2014),MsViking  (04-10-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (06-05-2015)