+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How are you this morning, OP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, I am ok. There are just so many emotions swirling around all at once; I feel so sad. I love these people heaps you know? I get along with them so much more than my own family. It is seriously the last thing I could ever have imagined happening. I am so angry but feel completely sad that they are gone from my life.

DH and I had a stiff drink last night and talked about it a bit. He is just completely in shock. He has always looked up to his dad SO much. He said he feels "disappointed and embarrassed". I think he is just focusing on the bare fact of what his dad has done and is not yet able to think about the implications this will have for his/our future. I don't think it's hit him, the severity of it. He said "they were saying they were going to come up in a couple of weeks but I think I need a break from them" to which I said "you do understand though that FIL is no longer welcome here and for the time being neither is MIL? I can't have them anywhere near the girls" and I think the gravity of it sunk in a bit more then. He was like "oh yeah...of course...oh god, of course". His teenage daughter is having brain surgery of all things this week...of all things and of all weeks! So he said he wants to just focus on her for the next few weeks which I absolutely understand and support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know how I can ever trust anyone again. We will absolutely be getting family counselling, this is just overwhelming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You two seem to be a good sold team that will work your way through this.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

ourbradybunch  (05-10-2014),VicPark  (05-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Devastated29 I'm so, so, so sorry this is happening to you and your family. It is just awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second that you and your DH sound like a great team. You will get thru this. For now just take each day as it comes with that situation and good luck for your eldests surgery x

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I couldn't read and not reply. I am going to inbox you OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh OP, massive hugs.

I can't imagine how devastating this must be. To think you know someone so well, then this? It's unimaginable.

Sounds like you and your DH are a tight unit. You will get through this together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I need to know more about MIL in all of this. If she's staying with him and has known all this time...I don't have much more respect for her than I do for FIL. I don't think DH wants to get in contact at all just yet though, he wants to focus on SD. But I imagine MIL will be in touch to hear about SD's surgery. I am a mess!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry about all of this. What an unimaginable situation.

For now until you sort what is what maybe just be cordial with mil and provide surgery updates as required via text.

I hope surgery goes well and she recovers quickly.

Much love