+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry you and your family are going through this.
    In regards to obtaining a court transcipt I think you need to be a party to the proceedings ie in your case your Fil, his legal team and the prosecution because you need to provide case numbers and other details. It is also very expensive as well as they charge by the folio which contains a certian amount of pages and if it was a lengthy trial the number of folios would be alot. If you google the court in your state it will have the website that you use to order transcripts from. Hope this helps a little.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have asked for transcripts from the children's court and they were not significant in expense. In this case though it was over in 15mins. Can't remember exact cost. As for sil, I would be gathering the evidence that you based your decision on, copying it and placing it in an envelope for her in case she asks.
    Last edited by BbBbBh; 16-11-2014 at 19:47.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Yeah, I would be copying the article, and writing a list of what he has told you v what the police/others have told you and what you have found out.

And then - just talk to her. If she decides she is going to pretend it didnt happen, then you will have to decide how things pan out.

As long as she isnt going to try and convince you every 5 minutes that you should forgive and forget, there may be circumstances where you might just agree to disagree with her .... or you might decide to cut contact with her.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (19-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm so sorry you are going through this. What an awful situation! I can't believe MIL is burying her head on the sand and sticking by him!
    You poor things!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sending you love and strength. You and your DH are amazing. You will get through this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots of love to you GM x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs GM. Do you know the name of the Judge who sentenced your FIL? If so, I would suggest contacting the Judge's associate to seek a copy of the sentencing remarks. This is like a judgment which sets out the details and circumstances of the crime and all the things the judge has taken into account when imposing a sentence. I honestly don't know if these are made available to any individual who requests them (I have only made requests in a professional capacity before) but if you explain that you require the information for the purposes of assessing whether you should allow your children any contact with the offender, then this may be considered an acceptable reason by the Judge (but I can't promise - there might be a blanket rule against it). It's worth a shot I think (and would be free, as opposed to seeking the transcript which could be thousands of dollars). All the best.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (17-11-2014),PomPoms  (17-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Shelle65 I will look into that! So many helpful ladies here.

This article came up on my FB today and this part really hit home

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1416299648.361148.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1416299662.790352.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP, hope you're travelling well.
    When he is sentenced you can usually obtain the Judges Sentencing Remarks online if it's a district or Supreme Court matter.
    I'll send you a PM with more info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really struggling at the moment. DH has been working 6-7 days a week and he's just...not ok. Neither am I, but he's just shut off. I desperately want us to go and see a counsellor together but have no idea when we'd find the time. My stomach has been in knots for months now and I just want to drink a bottle of vodka and sob my heart out!
    We need to tell his parents that we are done with them. I'm happy to do it but I think he wants to do it. But I feel like he will drag it out as long as he can. Everything just feels horrible.