+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can't stop thinking about what you are going through. Thinking of you today tonight and tomorrow as you get a grip on this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow, I can't imagine the pain you must all be feeling over this. I hope you can get in to see a counsellor soon, it would at least give you a bit of control over some of what's happening.
    It sounds like this was a first court appearance and your FIL is on bail?
    I can completely understand why you want nothing to do with him, especially at this early stage of the process.
    I'm so sorry this is happening to your family, what an absolute nightmare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He's not on bail, his prison sentence has been suspended as the judge believed he was committed to rehabilitating.

DH has read the article now and looks like he's going to throw up any minute. I have a million things going through my head.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How devastating for you. As pp have said, professional help for you all is needed I think. In the meantime try looking online for information on how to deal with it. I think you will need to help DH digest it first, then think about how you will tell your kids.
    All the best in this difficult situation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can't imagine what you must be feeling right now. Big hugs to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Absolutely devastating.

I felt ill reading that, it's very frightening that somebody so close to your family has those inclinations with zero signs, how completely devastating for you all, I'm so sorry.I also recommend getting some professional help as barely any of us would have the skills to deal with this on our own, just too many layers of disgust, distrust betrayal and endless hurt.

Again I'm so sorry OP

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in a similar situation which I do not wish to talk about here but if you want to pm me I am more than happy to talk to you. Big hugs to you and your DH. It's a truly devastating and heartbreaking thing to go through.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm in no way defending the FIL, but do u think maybe MIL is in denial and hence why she didn't tell you guys?

Like obviously it's an unbelievable situation to be in, maybe she just doesn't know how to handle it and further she's scared you'll barr her from seeing the kids too. She must be so shocked and scared too.

Anyways hugs to you all esp your Dh. I can't even imagine what he's feeling.

xoxo

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (17-11-2014),ourbradybunch  (04-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Is it possible mil didn't know the full story at first?

To be honest the version of what they told you sounded very sus, my 'dodgy' radar would have been going off...

Sorry you are going through this...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    I'm in no way defending the FIL, but do u think maybe MIL is in denial and hence why she didn't tell you guys?

Like obviously it's an unbelievable situation to be in, maybe she just doesn't know how to handle it and further she's scared you'll barr her from seeing the kids too. She must be so shocked and scared too.

Anyways hugs to you all esp your Dh. I can't even imagine what he's feeling.

xoxo
    I agree...allow the MIL one faux pas...she didn't ask for this and suddenly finds herself in the middle and pulled apart like a tug-o-war. Which side does she give her loyalty to? She's no doubt sickened and humiliated by FIL's actions and I don't see how she could have been thinking straight (probably still isn't, what a nightmare).

Yes she could have chosen to be more up front, but she's not the bad guy here, IMHO.